Chapter 2

Katherine's POV

The black haired boy led us up to 'The Emerald Gem' which is across the other side of the carpark. I've never stayed in this hotel nor have I been inside, the building looks dated on the outside, like a historical British building type of old but the inside completely contrasts to the outside. It looks like I'm never gonna be staying here, looks too damn expensive. 

"Do you work here?" 

"Yeah," black haired boy turns the first right after entering the lobby and leads me into what looks like a lounge room.

"I'll get some wipes and stuff, stay here Katherine," I'll have to ask for his name, the other boy called him Zay but I'm guessing that's a nickname.

I walk over to the white couch and fall back into complete comfort. A sharp pain shot through my head as I fell back, another thing to add to my hatred list; headaches.

I let my eyes close as the complete silence seemed to soothe my banging head slightly, it was soon interrupted by male voices. Both black haired boy and brown haired boy entered the room, one holding my bag, the other holding a first aid bag.

"Here," black haired boy tossed me a bottled water. I'm getting sick of calling him black haired boy.

"What's your name?" I say, looking directly at him.

"Xadian," he answers, walking over with the first aid bag.

"I've got it," the other boy interrupts and drops my bag onto the floor, then takes the first aid bag out of Xadian's hands.

"What's your name?" I watch as he walks over to me.

He stays silent as he sits down next to me, leaving an unusually large space. I don't have rabies dude. I watch him intently as he gathers some first aid supplies and I feel another drop of blood fall onto my nose. I pull my eyes towards my nose, making myself look weird I'm sure, and I catch a slight smirk on no-name's lips. I pull my eyes away and look at him, I scan over his face again, relishing in the new minor details that you wouldn't notice from a distance.

"So, no-name, are you like a first aider?" 

He looks at me once he found what he was looking for and a slight twitch in his jaw caught my attention, holy moly. That damn jawline.

"Names Malakai and no," he finally speaks, I pull my eyes away from his jaw and look back into his eyes, he was already staring into mine.

"I like your eyes. Heterochromia is it?"

I nod, "mhm," whilst I break the eye contact. 

My cheeks definitely aren't icy anymore because I can feel a burning heat enter them, I am blushing, right in front of him. I can still feel his gaze on me and I see the corner of his mouth twitch, indicating that he's amused by my reaction. I keep my head down and see another red drop fall onto the back of my hand, I groan as the pulsating sensation starts again.

"Nasty cut, ain't it?" Xadian comes over and sits on the arm chair.

I sigh and look at the shards of glass sticking out from my leggings, if there was such thing as glass woman, I'd be her.

"Have you seen my knees?" I scoff, not even feeling sorry for myself.

Another chuckle falls from Xadian's mouth as he stares at my legs, "Sorry, it's just funny cause," he continues to laugh, "cause," he pauses again to catch his breathing. Once he looks at my unamused face he clears his throat, "I don't know, it was just funny."

I roll my eyes and smile, also be adding that to my hatred list, getting glass stuck in your knee is not it.

I feel a wet wipe come in contact with my cheek, I look up to see Malakai wiping away my blood. I pull away from him and he frowns, "You have a mirror? I can do it," I go to stand up but feel quite light headed so I sit back down.