Chapter 3

Katherine's POV

I have no idea how long I've been asleep for but the indentations in my arms and the drool on my face suggest that it was a pretty good nap. As soon as I let Malakai in, I told him I needed a change of clothes but somehow fell into a coma. 

I yawn and outstretch my body before I leave my bed and head for the bathroom, it definitely was a good nap. I thought my hair this morning was a rat's nest, now it's like a reddened durian, you know those spiky fruits? My hair resembles them pretty well.

I relieve my bladder and wash my hands before splashing some water over my hair, in a pathetic attempt to flatten it. I give up after a solid five minutes and just accept the mess that sits on my head. A shower and straighteners should sort it out. Later though, not now.

I look into the mirror and finally see the white sticker that's placed in the middle of my forehead. I sigh and peel it off from a corner, it reveals a semi-scabbed up wound with a couple scratches surrounding the injury. I frown at the puss that is beginning to leak out of it and scowl at myself for allowing such a gross gash to be placed on my face. 

I spend another five minutes carefully cleaning my wound until I begin to head downstairs. I head for the kitchen first and flick the switch that turns on the kettle. 

I yawn again as I stroll into the living room and see two heads turn in my direction. He's still here. My eyes fall onto his face as his eyes glisten from the sunlight that is seeping in through the window. It creates a sort of mixture within them, all shades of deep blues shimmer and it has me bewitched.

"Jesus, you really did headbutt that car," the voice of no one other than my little sister's enters my ears.

She gets up and pulls me into a hug as she whispers, "He's really cute," then proceeds to walk me back to the couch with her. I glance at the TV to see 'Sleeping Beauty' playing and I look back over at Malakai. He seems to be interested in the film, "Sorry, I fell asleep," I look back at the TV.

He turns his head to look at me but I keep staring at the screen, "Must have needed it," he answers with a continuous gaze.

I think I heard a slight British accent in his voice, it causes me to look back at him and I come face-to-face with those intense blue eyes. Once again, that same warmth fills my cheeks and I bite at my lip to keep me calm. His eyes dart down to my mouth and I subtly take in a deep breath.

"So, when's mum home?" I ask Darcy.

"Not sure, could be anytime between ten and twelve," she shrugs.

I nod and remember that I boiled the kettle. I walk through into the kitchen and quickly make myself a cup of tea, I expose of the used tea bag and make my way back to the couch.

"You and Malakai? I didn't know you two were friends, you never mentioned him." I take a sip of my tea before I answer.

"Mutual friends. We met through a mutual friend," Malakai jumps in and I frown in confusion.

"What do you do for work?" she fires out another question.

He squirms in his seat slightly before he answers. "Pretty much just a hotel receptionist," he rubs at his chin.

"You have a girlfriend?" she hurls out another intrusive question and I shoot her a look.

I take another sip of my tea and wait for his reply, I find myself hoping for a 'no'. I haven't even known this boy for twenty four hours yet and I'm wishing he doesn't have a girlfriend. Crazy what a handsome face can do. Well he actually exceeds the word 'handsome'. Why couldn't he be ugly?