Chapter 7

Katherine's POV

My feet are staring to feel tingly. I hate it when my feet feel tingly because it means I'm about to feel the sensation of about one hundred needles poking my skin. I'm standing my ground though, I am not moving.

Malakai, although I've now nicknamed him 'Mr. Dickface', has decided to kick off his shoes and sprawl out on my couch. So, I am currently shooting him daggers with my hardened stare, I wish there was real daggers coming out of my eyes, that way he'd move.

This situation has been going on for a prolonged ten minutes, he's in my home and is living his best life in comfort whereas I'm undergoing serious pain. I am suffering and he doesn't even budge. I'm stomping my feet like a lunatic to try and compress the pricking sensations in my feet and he's still not removed his eyes from his phone.

"You'll get square eyes if you keep looking at that," I pant as the stomping is really wearing me down.

He gives me a side glance and his pupils dilate at the sudden change in brightness. He turns back to face his phone and crosses his legs whilst laying on the couch.

I give up and let the pins and needles take over. I pant breathlessly as I strangely walk over to the couch, "move." I stare directly at him.

He clicks his phone off and shoves it into his pocket, he then stretches which causes his legs to fall off the end of the couch. He stretches his upper body too and a loud groan escapes his mouth, "Malakai move, I wanna sit down," I whine.

He finally finishes his stretch off with a yawn, "there's literally another couch behind you," he points to it.

"I don't like that couch," I mumble. "You're laying all over my favourite couch," I explain.

He rolls his eyes and mumbles a 'Jesus Christ' as he hauls himself up, he shuffles over to one side of the couch and allows me to sit on the other side.

"Can you just go?" 

"Archie's still there," he looks outside.

"Just sneak out like how you snuck in," I reason.

"He's expecting me to come out of a house further down your street," he picks his phone up as it starts vibrating.

"Why's he expecting that?" I question, grabbing the TV remote.

"You ask too many questions," he finally answers his phone.

I go back to watching The Vampire Diaries as he walks out into the kitchen, I smile at the sight of Damon Salvatore aka, the love of my life.

Sadly, Malakai returns and slouches back into the couch, he loudly pulls his shoes onto his feet and I have to pause my show due to his interruption.

"Hurry up," I scold him. How dare he interrupt Damon time.

"Demand like that again and see what happens," he finally finishes tying his shoelaces.

He gives me a stern look and I roll my eyes, "Malakai, just go."

"You think I wanna be here? Katherine, believe me, I'd rather be in anyone else's company right now," he pulls out that stupid phone.

I scoff, "yeah and I'd rather have anyone else sitting in my house," I return the same tone.

He slowly turns his head and arches an eyebrow, "watch your fucking tone."

I pause the show again, "you watch yours," I fire back. He's really irritating me, like he can speak to me like shit but I can't do it to him and this fucking swallowing thing, what's his deal?