Chapter 23

A/N: ^^^^^ - Aesthetics for tonight. Katherine's dress looks kinda pink but it's actually white so yeaaa

Katherine's POV

"This one?" I say, holding up the baby blue dress. "Or this one?" I ask, picking up the white dress.

Blaise tilts his head, switching his vision between the two dresses as he inspects them both. "I'd say white," he finalises.

"White it is," I say, neatly folding the blue dress away.

"Are you sure you're okay to go?" I ask, feeling uncertain.

"I don't exactly have a choice Kat, but yes I'm okay," he sighs.

After checking out at the hospital, it was confirmed that he had a grade 3 concussion. With the possibility of his symptoms not getting any better until three weeks. He also has a few stitches on the side of his head which should heal in a couple of days and just looking at them makes me sad.

All of this because Malakai was jealous. He has no right to be jealous, it's not like we're dating or in a relationship. I'd honestly be flattered if he told me in a respectful manner but he done the complete opposite and almost killed my best friend. 

I still haven't gotten over the fact that he's here. In France, where I'm supposed to be enjoying a Malakai free week. I'm very concerned as to why he's here, I have this nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something bad is about to happen. It's freaking me out because my gut is never wrong. 

But I ignore it. I have more concerning matters to worry about anyway, even more concerning than Malakai. This stupid dinner party.

It's crazy how my birthday has done a complete three-sixty turn in a matter of hours. 

I drop myself to the bed and deeply sigh, I can only hope that this night flashes by almost instantly. And it's my eighteenth birthday, I might as well make the most of it and get shit-faced. 

The bathroom door clicks and a minute later, the shower turns on. I feel sorry for Blaise, for the fact that he has a father who doesn't give a shit about him. Who dictates his life and controls his actions. If my presence tonight will just give him one day of freedom from his father, then of course I'll stay with him the whole night.

I gently lay out the preferred dress for tonight, carful not to crease it. I bought it for myself a few weeks ago, instantly falling in love with it as soon as I saw it. I didn't think I'd have a chance to wear it so soon, but this seems like the only good thing that'll come out of tonight.

I check the time on my phone and it reads 6:50pm. The dinner starts at 9pm, so I've got plenty of time to do my make-up. I've already showered and blow dried my hair, so to keep myself busy I'll start doing my make-up.

*******

- A/N: I don't think I've described Katherine's hair too well but I have mentioned that she has curly, auburnish coloured hair. Look at the pic for reference ⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄

 Look at the pic for reference ⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄