Chapter 2: Butterflies and... Shadows...?

"I guess it's the perfect time for you to meet your friends now... And meet me..."
__________________________________________
Part 1:

Bryanna, Makayla, and Dylan stood on the stone path that led to the Imperial Palace. What was filling inside their bodies now? Fear... Anxious... Dread... but also... Courage...

They could already sense an evil presence inside the palace, roaming around behind the big wooden doors. Were they scared? Yes. But did that stop them? No. Why? Because they are determined with hope to escape this alternate reality to get back to their world and to find their friends.

With silence and peace to help them regain their strength and bravery, Bryanna said "Alright... Let's go now...", and they walked their way towards the palace and Makayla making sure the camcorder was okay.

Darkness loaming above them as they walked. Stilling wondering who welcomed them, Dylan asked "Who are you?".

It was silent for a moment until a static sound startled them all and the same voice before said "Friend".

They arrived at the door, confused about what this entity said, Makayla opened the door. With a loud sound of the doors opening, they entered but stopped at these papers covering the entrance of the palace.

These papers were almost like ancient scrolls, some writing on them like protection against evil.

Besides looking at the papers, in the palace were rows of bookshelves on each side, front and back, a red-carpet leading forward, right, and left, two pillars, and stairs forward leading to an upstairs area.

Before even stepping inside the palace, they all spotted a figure going from the right side to the left side.

The figure was a woman with long black hair, a pale white face, long dark grey arms with black fluid running down, a long white dress, full white eyes with no pupils, and the same dark smile on her face.

But what's most sickening about her, that makes the trio sick to the bone was her neck. Every so often, her neck looks normal, but then it enlongates its size to show off the dark grey neck, the size was like a giraffe's neck.

Very sickening indeed as it wiggles and wobbles in a disturbing way along with groaning and crackling noises from her. The sight of her sends shivers down Makayla's spine, almost made Bryanna throw up, and made Dylan comment 'Gross'. But it's not gonna stop them.

Since all three of them didn't have much energy to run because of the maze, cave, and hotel worn them out, they knew they had to come up with a smart strategy. With minutes of thinking, Makayla came up with one and told Bryanna and Dylan.

"Guys I got an idea... You see how she's always walking to the left and right. That means she's guarding those areas.
So... Once she goes one way, we go the other way by using the bookshelves, so she won't see us, then once we check one side, we go to the other. After we check both sides, we head upstairs to explore there, probably we can find something useful. Sound like a plan?"

After she was done explaining, Dylan and Bryanna looked surprised before smiling well for Bry, she smiled behind her mask, as they like Makayla's plan. They all got into position, waiting for the long neck lady to appear.

At perfect timing, the woman appeared from the left side, leaving to go the right, and with that, the three of them quickly made their way to the left. Sneaking through the bookshelves, they found a door, one of them tested the knob to see if it's unlocked and it was. They entered the room, closing the door behind them.