Chapter Four: The Little Boy

The dance ended, and suddenly some people surrounded Shoto and he was separated from Momo. " Prince... " Momo said. Then she remembers Fuyumi's words.

"Don't worry, there won't be any danger it's just a party."

I'll let him go, but I'll keep my eye on him. She thought. " Um... Excuse me Dame... " A woman said. Momo turns around to see a few woman. " Uh, greetings my ladies " She said bowing her head.

" If I may ask, why did you become a knight? " One woman asked. " I just wanted to " Momo said. " Oh wow really?! Are your sword skills as amazing as your looks? " Another woman asked.

" Y-you flatter me too much. But I do think my skills are very sharp. They'd have to be for me to serve the kingdom " She said. " I would love to see your sword. Did you bring it? " A third woman asked.

" Yes I did. Please wait here a moment one of my friends is holding it for convenience " She said. They all squealed while Momo walked over to Eijiro.

I don't know why I was so worried. The air here is much more gentle than I thought it would be. But I can still feel some people glaring at me behind my back. I guess it can't be helped... She thought.

" Hey Kirishima, I need my sword for a moment " She said. " Of course here " He said handing it to her. " Thank you " She smiled and walked back over to the group of women.

" I'm sorry for the long wait. Here it is " She said showing it to them. " Wow. It's so beautiful. Are those snakes on the hilt? " One woman asked.

" Yes. Although most people see snakes as evil creatures, my family has worshipped them for generations. To us, snakes are an omen of good fortune and health, and a symbol of wisdom and strength. " She smiled.

She's so cool!! They all thought. " It's so clean, there's not a scratch on it " A woman said. " I take great care of it. It's very precious and I wish not to part with it " She smiled softly.

I think I just fell in love!! One girl thought, while they all swooned. Momo looked at them confused. " Hey I have a question " A woman said.

" Hm " Momo said. " You seem close with the prince. Is there anything special going on between the two of you? " She asked. They all leaned in close, making her a bit nervous.

" Oh no no, I would never dream of it. I am merely a humble knight serving the royal family " She said. " Are you sure? " Another woman asked. How do I get out of this situation? Momo thought.

Suddenly there was a loud scream, they all looked in the direction it came from. Oh thank god... She thought. " Someone get this vermin away from me!! " A woman shouted.

Momo frantically looked around, she sighed of relief when she saw both Denki and Eijiro eating on the other side of the room. " Ewww eww eww get it off me! " The woman shouted.

Suddenly there were even more screams of pain, this time from men. What's going on? She thought. She walks over. " Excuse me... " She said.

She looked to see a young blonde boy holding onto a woman's legs while a few knights were trying fo pull him away. They all were bitten and or kicked away.

She bends down informs of him, and everyone looks at her. " Hello there. " She smiled gently. " ...Hi... " He said quietly. " Do you know that it's not nice to hold onto someone who doesn't want to be touched? " She asked.

" It's not? " He asked. " No it's not. It's a very naughty thing to do. Don't you want to be a good boy? " She asked. He nodded. " So please let go of that woman's legs. " She said.

He reluctantly does so. " And apologize to her and all the people you've just injured. Because biting and kicking people isn't very nice either. " She said.

He grabs her dress. " I'm waiting... " The woman said tapping her foot. " It's alright, I'm sure you'll be forgiven if you apologize " She said.

He nodded and bowed his head. " I'm... I-I'm really sorry " He said with a shaky voice. Momo ruffles his hair. He hugs her and she picks him up.

The poor boy is shaking. He must be terrified. Where are his parents? She thought. " Um, aren't you going to discipline him? " The woman asked annoyed.

" He is just a scared child. And I don't think I'm in a position to discipline someone who isn't my child " She said. " You discipline him right this instant or I'll have my guards do it " She ordered.

People started whispering. I cannot embarrass the royal family, or we'll have to go home. It's too early for that. She thought. She sighed and is kneels, surprising everyone.

" Please let this time go. I promise it won't happen again, so would you over look this? " She asked. The woman smirked and stepped on Momo's head.

Everyone started gasping. It hurts... Momo thought, on the verge of tears. " Hmmm... I was planning on giving him 500 lashes. So for every minute you stay under my foot, I'll take away one lash " She smirked.

The boy looked at her worriedly. 'It's okay' Momo mouthed with a smile. The woman grits her teeth and pressed down harder. This is okay. Bear with the pain, so everyone can live happily... Momo thought.

•••

Everyone was sitting there staring at the two, it had been 7 minutes already. They were whispering about her.

"Is she really gonna sit there for 500 minutes?"

"She must be insane"

"No that woman is much more insane"

"Right, she's stepping on the prince's knight"

"Where is the prince now?"

Suddenly the woman's foot was lifted. " What, who dares? " She asked. It was Eijiro. " I don't mean to be rude, but hurting someone is never a good thing " He said.

" Stand up Yaoyorozu " Denki said helping helping her up. " You guys... thank you but— " Momo was cut off. " Who dares hurt my guard in such a way " Shoto said walking over.

They were all shocked, and no one said anything. The woman backed up a bit. " P-prince Shoto... She offended me shile she's only a knight... so I... I hurt tried t-to punish her... " She stuttered.

" Oh? And do you think you are in a position to punish one of my knights? " He asked. Prince Shoto usually shows no emotion, and occasionally smiles... But now he looks kinda scary... Momo thought.