Chapter Nine: True Friends

Shoto snapped up from his bed. " Huh... What happened? " He asked. " Oh, you're awake. Good morning your highness. " Lily, one of his maids, smiled walking in.

" What happened? What time is it? I have to get to training with Dabi " He said trying get up, but Lily stopped him. " Your highness, you have a fever. Please rest " She said.

" What? But I feel just fine " He said. " You do? " Lily asked confused. She placed her hand on his forehead. " You're still burning up " She said.

But suddenly he cooled down. " Your highness, using your quirk won't fix a fever. You need rest and healthy foods. Please get better soon your knights are really worried about you " Lily said.

" Really? " He asked. " My my. You don't remember anything do you? Well let me tell you. " She said.

•••

" Prince are you alright? You don't look so hot. " Denki said. " I'm fine... " Shoto coughed. " Are you sure? " Eijiro asked. " Yes, I'm alright " He smiled.

They walk into the training grounds where Momo is training some of the squires. " Hold your sword steady. With a good grip, you can cut even a block of steel in half " She said.

" Thank you " One boy said. " Hey! Is it true you cut the heads of a fifteen head hydra in 50 seconds?! " Another boy asked excitedly. Momo's face turned red.

" H-have you all been talking with Kaminari? " She asked. They all nodded. " I wish he would stop saying that... I-it's not that amazing " She said.

" Are you crazy?! Even the king hasn't achieved something so great! Can you tell us about it " He asked. " Uh... " She said nervously. They all looked at her with hopeful eyes.

" A-alright.. " She said, making the cheer loudly and surround her. Why am I so weak... She thought. " Alright, well, I was on a quest to find a huge treasure in cave Mawde. " She said.

" Woah that's legendary! " A boy said. " Yeah only the greatest knights can even get to the the entrance! " Another boy agreed. " What happened next? " A third boy asked.

" I encountered the hydra, in front of the treasure, and a giant trench. He immediately attacked, and all I could do was dodge for a while " She said.

" A-and then I had no choice but... to cut through the fire " She said embarrassed.
" Woah! You can actually cut fire?! I didn't know " A boy said.

" Then I tried to cut its foot, but it dodged my attack and I almost fell into the trench " She said, they all gasped. " Did you die?! " A boy asked.

" N-no.... I lived. It was a close second though. I was a bit scared since I couldn't even see the bottom. I just wedged my sword into the cave floor and used it to help me up " She said.

Aren't they tired of this already...? She thought. However they all looked like a dog who's getting a treat for being a good boy.
" A-and then I grabbed its tail and it started to fly around with me " She sighed.

" And after a while I think it just forgot about me. Until I climbed up its back and gouged out one of its eyes. " She added. " Woah! Brutal! Awesome! " A boy shouted.

" Right... And it's blood splattered all over me. It was green and it stung a bit but I was okay. And while it was distracted by that I cut off the first head " She said.

" Wow! I heard Hydra blood was like acid! You're so amazing to just shrug it off like that! " A boy said. " Thank you. Ahem. After that it was down for a while so I got off four more heads " She said.