Chapter Fourteen: Courting A Lady

" Guys!! " Denki said bursting into Momo's room where Eijiro and Momo were talking about something. " What is it? " Momo asked concerned.

" This is bad!! Really bad this is so bad! What are we gonna do this is really bad.. " Denki panicked. Momo grabbed his shoulders
" Kaminari! Get a hold of yourself! " She said shaking him.

" Right... Sorry... " He sighed. " It's alright " She sighed. " Now tell us why you're so bugged out. " Eijiro said. " I overheard the king and Dabi talking about the first battle of the war. " He said.

" And? " Momo asked. " Their first target is Croix, and the battle will take place somewhere near Lu forest, a place that isn't in either kingdom, a place that stands on its own so no one has home turf advantage " He said.

" Lu forest... But that's right next to Yuugaville! " Eijiro said. " Yes. But I didn't hear them say anything about when the battle will start " He said.

" You were right Kaminari, this is really bad. " Eijiro said. Momo saw someone walk passed the door. She walked outside and saw that it was Fuyumi.

" Princess... Why are you alone? Where's Dabi? " She asked. " Huh? " Fuyumi asked turning around revealing a dazed expression. " Oh right... I was supposed to be wi... " She slurred before passing out.

" Princess!! " Momo shouted.

•••

Dabi bursts open the doors. " Where is she?! " He asked. " Shhh!! " The doctor scolded him. Fuyumi was now resting peacefully. " What happened? " He asked.

" She passed out. She's having a relapse of her previous illness. That on top of the one now, her body is getting weaker by the day. I suggest she stay on bed rest until she starts to get better " He said.

Dabi kneels beside her. Dammit... That geezer had to call me just then to say something so useless?! He thought annoyed.
" Where's the king? " Denki asked.

" He'd never come to her room at a time like this. But I guess you guys can rest easy. There's not gonna be a war any time soon " He said. " What really? That's a relief " Denki sighed.

I'm sure it has to do with the fact that Princess Fuyumi has fallen ill. But it still doesn't make sense. Why would the king call off the war for this but not even come to see her... Could it be he can't bear to see her in such a state..? Momo thought.

" Oh that reminds me. There's something very important happening in the garden at midnight. You've gotta be there Yaoyorozu " Denki said. " What? " Momo asked confused.

" Yep. At 12 on the dot you had better be in the garden " Eijiro said before leaving with Denki. " Hey I'm the leader of this group! I give the orders not you " She said annoyed while they left.

She sighed. " Why are you still here? " Dabi asked. " That's a dumb question. I'm worried about the princess. You're not the only one who cares about her " Momo rolled her eyes.

" But you just met her " Dabi said. " Yeah like two months ago. The princess is a sweet kind and caring person. Anyone would be drawn to her " Momo sighed.

" Shouldn't you be guarding Shoto? " He asked. " He's out in the city with the squires. " She shrugged. " Plus he doesn't even need a guard. I don't understand why I'm here. " She sighed.

Dabi raised a brow. " It would make more sense to have one guard for him if the King was insistent on the matter " She said.
" You're a smart one aren't you " He chuckled.

" But you haven't figured it the whole thing yet. Well I'll tell you " He sighed. He must be serious. He's not even smiling... Momo thought.

" Shoto has something dark inside him and the king knows that. Just to make sure he won't cave in and lose control, the king decided to surround him with people who would ultimately come to care for him " Dabi explained.

Something dark... She thought. " Well anyways, I'm sure Prince Shoto will be just fine. " She sighed leaving the room, but she stopped at the door.

" By the way, why do you keep calling him so informally? " She asked. " Oh, was I? It must be a force of habit " Dabi sighed. What does that mean? Was he close with the prince before? Momo thought before leaving.

•••

Momo walks into the garden at 12 o'clock exactly. " Okay Kaminari, Kirishima. What's this super important thing...? " She asked. She just heard then snickering in the distance.

Denki and Eijiro were hiding behind a bush. What's going on? She thought. Then she saw Prince Shoto walking up to her and there was even more laughter.

" Your majesty " She bows. Then she notices something in his hand. " Um.. Your majesty are those.. Pink lilies? " She asked. " Um... Y-yes.. " He blushed.

" H-here... " He said holding them out to her. " For me? " She asked. He nodded shyly.
" Thank you " Momo smiled taking them.
" Sorry... " He said. " Hm? Why? " She asked.

" Well I asked the maids what's the best way to court a lady... But I forgot " He admits.
" To... Court a lady... " Momo said confused. Then she realizes.

" Prince Shoto is this... Are... you courting me? " She asked blushing. " Yes " He nodded. " C'mon... " Denki said. " Well.... T-then I accept your feelings. Thank you " She smiled brightly.

" Yes! " The boys cheered high fiving. " Mina would be so proud of us " Eijiro said. " So proud " Denki agreed. " But how did you know I liked lilies? " Momo asked.

" Kaminari told me " Shoto answers. " Oh, Really? " Momo asked. He nodded.

•••

" Yaoyorozu is pretty popular and has turned down plenty of guys. And they all had one thing in common. They made their proposal showy and grand. She doesn't like being the center of attention at all " Denki explained.

" Really... " Shoto said. " Mhm. And also they barely had one conversation with her before declaring their love for her. But that won't be the case with you. " He said.

" So get her something simple like maybe one or two flowers. Lilies, I heard Jirou say she liked those " He said. " Okay " Shoto nodded.

•••

Momo smiled softly at the flowers. " I'm glad he helped us out " She said. He grabbed her hand. " Me too " He agreed. " All in a days work " Denki sighed proudly.