Chapter Seven: Important People

Everyone was fast asleep; Shoto on the bed, Momo sitting at the door, Denki on the floor since he rolled off the couch, and Eijiro on the couch.

Then suddenly the ground started to shake. Momo snapped up, and grabbed her sword.
" What's going on?! " She asked stumbling outside the bedroom.

" Are we under attack? " Denki asked, tiredly sitting up. " I think it's just an earthquake... " Eijiro said. Denki spots a cloaked figure outside the house.

" Look! Someone is attacking us! " He shouted pointing at them. " Tch, I'll wake up the prince! You two try and stop them " She said. " Roger! " They said going outside.

Momo goes back into the bedroom, tripping over everything in the process. " Prince Shoto! " She said. How can he sleep through this? She thought.

She shakes him awake. " Forgive my rudeness, but we need to leave now! " She said. He then realizes the ground is shaking and just nodded. She left to let him change and then he comes out and they join the others outside

Both of them are struggling with the cloaked person. " How are we supposed to deal with this? " Eijiro asked. " Hey! How is it going? " Momo asked, catching up with them.

" Not good. We can't even get close to them " Denki sighed. " There must be a way... " Shoto said. " Hey guys! Look at that! Even though there's cracks in the ground they aren't that big! " Denki informed them.

He was right. " That must mean they'll be effected as well if things get too dangerous " Shoto said. " It's best to just run now, getting too close might bring danger we aren't prepared for! " Momo said.

" Right! Let's ready then horses! " Eijiro said. They struggle while making their way to the stables where the horses are, they were panicking since the ground was shaking so much.

" Easy! Easy... It's okay... " Eijiro petting his horses nose. " How are we supposed to get away now? The horse's will probably run if we let them out now? " Denki asked.

Think Momo... Think! Momo thought. Then she looked to her right, behind the house the ground wasn't shaking. That's weird... Unless... She thought.

" Hey, Prince Shoto! Can you set that tree on fire? " She asked. " Sure... But what will that do? " Shoto asked. " It'll create a diversion so we can escape. " She said.

" How? " Denki asked. " I'm sure they can only effect what they can see, just look over there " She said pointing behind the house.
" Woah you're right... " Eijiro said.

" If we block their line of sight we could escape! " She said. " Alright! " Shoto said shooting fire at the tree. It bursts up in flames and smoke starts to travel around and the shaking stops.

They carefully take the horses out the stables, while Denki sees the cloaked figure running off. " Dammit! He got away! " He said. " Let it go, we're already late. " Eijiro said.

Shoto puts out the fire with his Ice, so it won't already. They mount their horses and get on their way to Hosu kingdom.

•••

" So... Prince Shoto... Ahem... " The king stuttered. " A-about that offer. It expired " He said. " Really? " Shoto asked boredly, looking around the room.

Denki was making faces at the knights at the door to make them lose composure, Eijiro had taken one of their spears to admire the metal, and Momo was standing behind Shoto.

Why do they have to be so embarrassing? She thought. I just want to leave this place and see how Fuyu is doing. Why do I even have to come here... Shoto thought annoyed.

" B-but we can renew it for some.. different prices... " He said. " What is it then? " He asked. " Well... You're knights um... " The king said. " What about them? " Shoto glared.

" I-I have heard the tales!! " He blurted out.
" Tales? " Shoto asked. " Yes! About Sir Kirishima the Brave. Who is the manliest of knights, who defeated a giant ogre with two small swords " He said.

" Well they are my special Sai's. They were blessed by a goddess " Eijiro said. " Yes yes... and Kaminari the Great, one of the best snipers on the continent " The king said.

" I heard he shot a hawk flying from hundreds of miles away through a hole as small as a quarter " He said. " I don't like to brag, but it was actually as small as a dime " Denki said proudly.

" And Dame Momo The Divine... " He said.
" Divine? " Momo asked. " Yes! You're a legend among all knights. You brought your sword down on a hydra, and destroyed all of its head in just 60 seconds " He said.

" Who's coming up with these outrageous stories... " Momo blushed. " It was more like 50 seconds " Denki shrugged. " Shut up! " She snapped at him, with a red face.

" What's your point? My knights are amazing? There's no need for us to speak about things I already know " Shoto said. " Tha-that's not the meaning of my words " He laughed nervously.

" Then what is the meaning? " He asked. " I will... I will reinstate the trade agreement, if you will give me those knights " He said. " Uh What? " Denki asked.

Shoto flipped the table over and pointed his sword at the king's neck. Fast...! Momo thought. All of the kings guards tried to attack him but Momo, Eijiro, and Denki stoped them.

" It seems your nose is so high in the air that I now have a clear view of your neck. Do you think you're of so important a class to request such a thing? " He asked glaring at him.

" I-I only meant... " The king stuttered.
" Regardless of the meaning, your words angered me. I would not so easily give up important people " He said.

Important people?! Denki thought happily.
" You will surrender your kingdom to the Musutafu, or die here " He said. The king didn't respond. Instead he simply stared up at Shoto in fear.

" Make your decision now " Shoto said. " Who do you think you are?! " A guard asked. " You have mot a single heir, and no parents either. Would you like me to end your bloodline here? " Shoto asked.

" N...no... I surrender.. You guys stand down now... " The king said. They reluctantly do so, and Shoto takes his sword down as well.
" We're done here, let's go " Shoto said.

" Hey prince, did you really mean that when you said we were important? " Eijiro asked.
" Yes. Although you were hired as my knights, I enjoy spending time with you all " He smiled.

" I would like it if I could call you friends if that's okay " He said. Denki and Eijiro hugged him. " Of course!!! " They shouted. Momo hit them in the head and pulled them off.

" You'll knock him down idiots! " She scolded. " Sorry " They said. " And, we would love to be your friends " She smiled a Shoto.