12. Past perfect

Riddhima was in a small tent along with Jhalak who's coming was a surprise for Riddhima. Now it was time to implement things, all the operating tools, band aids, some bulletproof jackets, 3-4 stretchers, bundles of cotton to wipe the wounds and much more.

Riddhima was busy with operating tools when a voice caught her attention. She stood at the door of the tent and found Kabir standing and talking to his fellow mates. Kabir too saw her and both passed each other a smile getting back to their work.
________________________________________

"Vansh!" Riddhima's giggles were echoing in the empty room as Vansh swirled her in rounds.

Carefully making her sit on the chair, he sat on his knees and kissed Riddhima's palms. Riddhima too cupped his face.

"You know...I am very happy for you." Riddhima said kissing his forehead. "I am proud of my hero." She completed with a chuckle.

"Really? And you know what...I am pretty sure you will be fulfilling your wish very soon." Vansh said and kissed her forehead.

"I don't think so.." Riddhima said sadly.

"I know Mr. Arrogant Gupta's daughter Miss Ziddhima Gupta will make her parents agree for sure." Vansh said and both of them giggled.

" You are the best I can ever get.." Riddhima said and they both hugged each other.
_________________________________________

BOOM 💥

There came a missile landing on a truck with a loud noise creating a hustle all over. Riddhima was now under the table with some basics instruments in her hands. Here came some voices for a doctor and Riddhima rushed to see many things still happening and she rushed towards the soldiers who were keeping others safe.

Riddhima went to towards a soldier who was badly injured and hurriedly tied a piece of cloth in it and with help of others took her inside the tent. Removing the cloth, she was able to see some pebbles and glass pieces were stabbed in his hand which neede dto be taken out.

Asking for an anesthesia from Jhalak, she was going to inject when the soldier stopped him from doing se nodding in no.

"Let me feel the pain I am having for my country" He said.

"Don't be mad. Don't you want to fight?" Riddhima said.

He felt silent, and blinked in affirmation and Riddhima injected him. With the help of a tweezer she carefully took out the small pebbles and glass pieces from his arms and jhalak aided the wound.

The blasts were still happening, shouts were all over. One more troop of soldiers came with an unconscious soldier and Jhalak rushed with her stethoscope only to find he had stopped breathing. She looked at the soldiers and nodded in no, they were filled with different emotions and left taking him.

Jhalak went to Riddhima who was denying her tears to fall out and kept her hand on Riddhima's shoulder. Riddhima looked at her and a loud voice shreiked... Everything blacked out.
_________________________________________

"Will you cry I if I will die?" Vansh asked Riddhima and she covered his mouth. Vansh removed her hand and kissed her knuckles.

"Firstly you will not die and secondly I will not be alive to cr.." Riddhima was stopped to speak by Vansh's hand covering her mouth. Riddhima took his hands and kissed his knuckles just like he did.

"If anything happens to you I will not be able to live Riddhima" Vansh said being angry.

"Even you know the truth. There is nothing that we don't know. So let's not talk about this and focus on what we are doing.ohk?" Riddhima said keeping her hand on his shoulder.