33. All good to go

Battle Scars grabbed first position 🙃 and I had this update ready long ago so this is a token of thanks.

She slowly nodded her head in no, and pulled his collar making him close her. She whispered in his ears.

"I don't want to be here"

Vansh's eyes softened ather words, though it had many meanings to think of but Vansh knew, where she had worked her life she was lying as a patient herself.

"Once you get fine you will not be here." Vansh said to her adjusting her oxygen mask.

Riddhima slowly extended his hand towards his face and slowly rubbed her thumb on his cheek. Vansh closed his eyes holding her hand tightly. Soon he opened his eyes when he felt no touch. Riddhima was just looking at him and blinked as a tear escaped her eyes.

"Hey... don't cry na..you will be fine for sure. You have one last operation today. That's it." Made started to manofy her and she coughed or chuckled, no one knows.

Her face was getting swollen due to being on ventilator continuously. Vansh once came near her and give her a long and soothing forehead kiss.

Riddhima again started pulling the mask off, her face had marks of it. Vansh's heart ached seeing her in such bad condition. Vansh was moving back to stop her but she held him with trembling hands and kissed her cheeks.

Vansh wanted to cry, so bad and let it all go. He had did that so many times, but this time; Riddhima was more weak than him. He smiled and adjusted the oxygen mask back.

"Um..Hi Riddhima" Kabir said a little awkwardly, he wasn't sure what to say.

Kabir was also sad, seeing her in such a state was something he never thought of. Riddhima did nothing just blinked once, it took her many efforts to say something and she wanted the mask to be thrown far away from her.

"Riddhima..I am going for some days. But I promise I will come back for you and then we will go back home. I love you." Vansh told her as he saw tears in her eyes.

Vansh's eyes softened and he kept her head very gently on her palm, and she moved her fingers ruffling her hair a little, that was all the interaction they had. Vansh wiped his unshed tears which made his vision blurred and looked at Riddhima for a long time.

"I love you " Vansh said and left abruptly, not being able to control himself from anything.

Kabir just stood there, watching everything happen. Destiny had played some game with both of them that they were never able to be together for a long time.

He sat on the stool next to Riddhima passed and kept passing a tight smile time after time as he looked all over the ICU. So many people fighting for their own lives, and some being forced to breathe, just for their loved ones.

Inayat came running to Vansh who was standing with Shrinath, and Vansh picked her up.

"What are you doing here?" Vansh asked her.

"Uncle told me we came to meet Ridzi." Inayat said and he looked at other side, investigators and some officers were standing there. Vansh also went to them.

"She is a little girl, and kids are already not allowed in ICU. Atleast let her be fine." Vansh insisted.

"Tomorrow Operation is success or failure. We can't risk it." The officer told taking Inayat from him "focus on your work." He said and went into the hospital. Vansh went and stopped them from going ahead.

"It's late night." Vansh said and he opened his mouth to say something but Vansh cut him in between. "The doctor won't let you enter inside."

"That's my problem not yours" he said.

"Aree! Stop fighting!" Inayat shouted in between.

"I am not fighting" Vansh shrugged, and sighed.

"Yes yes I am fighting." Riddhima said and ran behind him while he ran ahead jumping on the couch.

"Ma! Riddhima is beating me!" Vansh shouted as Riddhima pushed him and hovered upon him on the couch.

"No ma! This idiot is saying that I am fighting." Riddhima shouted and Vansh sat back up pushing Riddhima back.

"Oh god! Stop fighting like little kids!" Uma scolded both of them and they sat straight like little kids.

"Ma was saying me hothead" Riddhima complained

"Yes so what's wrong in that! She has a head and she ho-" Vansh stopped in between as Riddhima pinched his arm. Uma chuckled.

"You both keep your cat fights in your room. And don't make noise in my house." Uma said to both of them.

"Yes mam!" Both said and three of them giggled.

"Hi ma" Vansh called Uma clearing his throat. Everything was sorted as the doctor denied to let Inayat meet Riddhima until the operation happens.

"Finally you got time to remember your old Ma. How are you?" Uma asked trying to be in a chirpy tone.

"I am all good. How are you?" Vansh asked fighting the inner battle of telling his mom about him finding Riddhima or not.

"I am good. You are eating food on time?" Uma asked and Vansh smiled, which was more like a gasp.

"Yes I did. Can you do me a favor?" Vansh asked her, in hoping to tell her indirectly.

"Of course son tell" Uma replied.

"Can you remove the garland from Riddhima's picture?" Vansh said, his eyes closed in hope she knew what he meant.

"Don't worry son I have changed them into new one. You just focus on what you have gone for. And don't forget this mother of yours. Got it?" Uma said, she was trying not to cry.

"Don't worry I will. I have something important to tell you." Vansh said, a little sadly as she didn't get what he was trying to say.

"I have adopted a little 8 year old girl." Vansh said and heard gasp from the other side, he didn't guess what it meant.

"Her parents left her so she will be coming our home soon. Her name is Inayat." Vansh told her.

"Are you sure Vansh?" Uma asked.

"Yes Ma. She will come soon with...Kabir. now I will call you after some days ok?" Vansh said.

"Days? Ok. Take care. I love you." Uma said.

"I love you too Ma." He said and stared at the dialled number, he didn't want to decline the call at all.

40+ votes
Tanvi 💫

_RiAnshCommunity_