14. Sibir's Reception

Riddhima was wearing a sharara set, with light makeup, heavy earrings and a small nosepin.
She looked herself in the mirror, it was just 1 day, and as time passed her heart was shedding tears. It was high time Vansh should have returned, in any way.
Adding a small glittery bindi on her forehead, she tried to smile looking at the mirror, but there was no way she was smiling.

"Madam! Please come fast!" Ishani called her.

"C..coming!" Riddhima said leaving the room immediately.

Vansh

Her heart thudded fast as she thought about him, every single part of her mind was just occupied by thoughts that he didn't return.

Rishi and Riddhima reached the hotel where the reception was held. Holding a gift in her hands, she entered and saw Siya and Kabir in the hall talking to some guests.
Siya's eyes fell on Riddhima and she ran to her with a bullet speed and hugged her tightly.

"Idiot! Why didn't you tell me you came back?" Siya asked.

"Achha, so you thought I will die? Comeon, by the way congratulations" Riddhima said hugging her again..

Rishi realised that every single person attending the reception were looking at Riddhima, of course they knew her.

"Don't you have some shame? Why did you come to our evil eyes on my son's happiness?" Anupriya said pulling Siya away from her.

"Ma please, I have told you so many times. Not again. She is Siya's best friend!" Kabir said shrugging Anupriya's hand.

"Thanks for coming Riddhima. I thought you won't" Kabir said with a gentle smile on his face.

"It's fine Kabir. Congratulations to both of you. Actually I would take a leave, we will meet some other day?" Riddhima said looking at Siya.

"For sure Riddhima. Tomorrow evening at CCD. Just me and you." Siya said and hugged her, while Riddhima left from their silently trying not to create a scene.

Rishi closed the door of the car with a loud thud, and Riddhima flinched at his action.

"Bhai?" Riddhima was confused by his poker face.

"How dare she insult you? I will not leave her. Once your marriage happen and if that mother of Kabir comes I will not even leave a single chance to taunt her." Rishi said in anger.

"Bhai...you na. Leave it. When my own parents don't support me why will I expect the world? And ....wait...where did marriage of mine come in between!!" Riddhima said looking at Rishi.

"Just came out in anger. Leave it. Let's go home. Our home." Rishi said smiling and drove the car to their house.

Riddhima sat blankly, she can't deny him. As soon as she reached, the door opened and Rishi entered inside holding Riddhima's hand.

"What is this girl doing here?" Rekha asked in a stern tone.

"This girl is your daughter. And she has right to live here." Rishi said.

"Why she needs us? She has already started living with her future in laws, now..you need money?" Rekha shouted.

"I just want to tell that I love you both, even you hate me. Just came to tell you that only " Riddhima said and left from there.

She could hear Rishi's voice fighting from his parents for her sister, but they didn't even budge to listen him. Riddhima herself drove the car and went away.
_________________________________________

"Listen! Make some chhole bhature" Vansh said and pulled her pony.

"Aah!! I won't! Jao!" Riddhima said angrily.

Vansh stood up, adjusted his clothes looking himself in the mirror and left from there. Riddhima gasped loudly and followed him till the canteen.

"How dare you even think to eat from here!" Riddhima said pulling him by his collar.

"Arre? I came here to get you some lemonade. But you are in a different mood Miss overprotective Gupta." Vansh teased her.

"Look, you are not alone. There are many guys to drool over me, so don't throw your tantrums." Riddhima said cutely.

"I am always there to fight WITH you, and fight FOR you." Vansh said kissing her knuckles.
_________________________________________

"Where are you Vansh...please come back" Riddhima wiped the tears in the corner of her eyes.

Sitting with her legs dipped in the flowing river, she slowly dipped her hand taking out some little shells from it.

She looked here and there and found long bundle of roots broken from a plant. She knotted them up together, and inserted a very tiny shell from its hole. Tieing one more knot, she slid it into her little finger, making a tiny ring.

"It's indeed beautiful"

Riddhima saw Vansh, slowly coming towards her. She chuckled slowly, as Vansh sat next to her.

"Why this...ganda sa face?" Vansh asked pointing towards her.

"Because I know you are my dream, just a mere hallucination, again." Riddhima said throwing a pebble in the river.

*Ping* (lol)

Riddhima looked at her phone, which had a message from unknown number. She opened the message to look at it. It was a emoji sent by the person.

P: 👉👈
Riddhima: Who is this?
P: Your not so well wisher.
Riddhima: What?
P: You will get to know soon. Good day.
R: What? See don't pull pranks tell directly.
P: You are going to get kidnapped. Be safe and don't roam at nights.
R: Are you drunk or what?
P: You are that famous divorcee right?

Riddhima immediately blocked the number, making a weird face she stood up wearing her sandals and moved back to her car. Confusion, and confusion.

Reaching her favourite restaurant, she took a seat at small table for 2 people. Ordering her favourite red wine along with mac and cheese. She scrolled through her social media profiles after *Months*.

Getting bored with it, she kept the phone on the table with a thud waiting for her dishes. Her roamed around seeing young couples and families having their quality time. A smile formed on her face, remembering herself with Vansh. Feeling a tap on her shoulders, she turned back.

Only to be invited a slap

Where is Vansh!?

Ps- even I don't know 🥲

Hope you all liked it. Do comment your reviews please....

Now I have decided I will post only after 30 votes. And it's not too much!

Tanvi 💫