Chapter 4

Your heart skipped a beat.

"Wait, so you're real?"

The archer in front of you smirked as he sharpened his arrows, "Why, yes master. The things I told you about? They're all real."

You sighed internally as you thought about the incident yesterday, hoping that no one reported whatever happened to the police.

Robin muttered, "I should get back to my card form before I get discovered."

'What?' You wondered before accidentally falling onto the ground from the bed in an attempt to reach for the faraway card.

A snicker echoed through your head.

A knock rang through the room, asking for permission to enter.

You haven't even replied to the invader before she invited herself into the room.

It was your caretaker, Ms. Suzuki, leaning on the wall.

"It's time to wake u—," her deep brown eyes widened, "Are you okay? Why're you clutching that card like that? Is that why I heard a loud thump just now?"

You panicked, "Yes, I'm fine! I just dropped this card onto the ground and scrambled to reach it!"

The woman with salt and pepper hair raised an eyebrow before turning to leave.

"Alright, I'll leave you to that... But just a friendly reminder that breakfast is served right now and you wouldn't want to miss it!" She shouted down the hallway.

"Okay!" You shouted back at her, not wanting to starve for the rest of the day.

~

Fuyuki city is a nice place to live in. It is divided into two sections, namely Shinto and Miyama town, by the river Mion. Miyama town is the place of your residence and is older compared to it's counterpart, Shinto city. After all, Shinto city is the more developed of the two, proved by the towering skyscrapers in the distance.

You walked through the neighbourhood, plowing through snow. The neighbourhood was quiet with only the sounds of the crunching of snow and the faraway police sirens to be heard. It was early and cold, but it was the best time for you to visit the Japanese style house where you summoned Archer.

Snow is beautiful, but you were getting tired of seeing it after the millionth time. Winter in Fuyuki is long, hence the name 'Fuyuki'. If it weren't for Archer's insistence, you would have stayed indoors on the first day of your holiday before you would enter the nightmare that is senior high school.

A frown was present on your face, knowing that Archer was probably snickering at your misfortune in whatever card dimension he was residing in.

After a walk of about ten minutes, you finally arrived.

Snow covered the top of the Japanese style roofings of the aged house.

You looked away and turned to the shed you broke into the previous day.

Kicking open the snow blocked door, you entered. The shed was messy with items scattered everywhere, making it hard to spot the summoning circle. You glimpsed over the walls, almost having a heart attack when you spotted the human shaped indent on the wall.

<Heh.>

'Shove off, Archer.'

You almost thought there was an actual human being there, but the indent probably formed when you got knocked harshly into the wall. How did you even survive that?

"(L/n), look down there."

Golden yellow sparks left your pocket and formed a humanoid shape before Robin Hood materialised next to you.