Chapter 7

It felt surreal to see the Public Safety Commission President in front of you after years of seeing her announcing things on television. She looked almost the same as the last time you saw her on television except the eye bags under her eyes seemed to be a tinge lighter. It might be the afternoon sunlight tricking your eyesight though.

<She fits the role completely in terms of appearance.>

The President looked up from the stack of documents placed in front of her on a table then returned her gaze to her work.

Robin whistled, <She sure seems busy.>

'But she does her job well. There's not a lot of disapproval to her role as president of the public safety commission. So, props to her.'

Tsukauchi broke the silence, "President, we've brought (L/N) (Y/N) here. I apologise for being late, there was a traffic jam during our journey here."

The blonde woman looked up from her work, nodded in approval and waved the other two away.

"Thank you, Eraserhead and Detective Tsukauchi. You may now leave as I have no need for you."

<Rude.>

The two bowed then left quietly, shutting the door behind them in the process.

You wiped your sweaty palm on your shirt and placed your belongings on the ground.

You were now trapped alone with the President. Well, technically you were not alone since Robin could de-transform from his card if he wanted to, but you hoped to solve the issue without violence, so Robin didn't really count.

The President gestured to the free seat in front of her, "Please sit, (L/N)."

You pulled the chair out and sat on it.

'This feels very awkward.'

<She sure is taking her time.>

As if she heard your plea, she started speaking after taking out an opaque file.

"I believe you know very little of the details of why I called you over, yes?"

You stretched your neck, "Well, yes. Eraserhead and Detective Tsukauchi just pulled me out of my home this morning all of a sudden with barely any announcement. The only information they gave me is that I am qualified for a job that not a lot of people are qualified for."

You kept the rest of the information to yourself to repay Tsukauchi's kindness and you were kinda mad to be honest, so you also did that to stop yourself from shouting an outburst at her for wasting your precious holiday.

The blonde nodded, "I see. It seems that they've done their job well in concealing the secrecy of this job."

You nodded.

She looked straight into your eyes, "You're qualified for this job because of your quirk or should I say magecraft?"

"Ye———Wait, you know the existence of magecraft?!"

She nodded as if there wasn't a problem at all, "Indeed I do know the existence of magecraft. In regards to the matter of using it, I don't have the capabilities to achieve such a feat as I don't have the mana circuits you have."

'Robin, didn't you say that you couldn't sense any pairing of master and servant other than us?'

<Yes? Keep going.>

'If that's the case, then that must mean the population of mages must be extremely low... but she knows the existence of it against all the odds. She kinda creeps me out.'