Chapter .1

She is moving forward with her trembling steps, trying to catch her breath properly. She stopped for a while and held her knees, then again stood straight. She has one hand on her chest, with the help of which she is trying to control her breath, and another one on her stomach to protect a little life inside.

Her feet are not even strong enough to bear the weight of her body. She is panicked because of the situation. But again, she starts moving forward with courage and every ounce of strength. Only then does she hear some people's footsteps from behind, which sound like they are coming closer to her.

She gathers more strength again and immediately tries to run away when she hears a loud voice from behind.

"There she is... Catch her."

She is constantly running forward, and tears are falling from her eyes; she is constantly holding her small baby bump; all her attention is on her baby, which she wants to protect at any cost but does not know what to do now. She is continuously running, and in her mind, she is calling him.

"Where are you? Please come. I am sorry."

She does not know at all where she is in this dense forest at the moment; she is just running continuously without knowing anything and wants to get out of this situation as soon as possible.

She knows very well that these 5–6 people can catch her anytime, and she doesn't even want to imagine what they will do to her as she is already listening to their dirty words.

All she knows is that she has to get out of the woods to save herself and, most importantly, her baby.

"Please come fast..."

She is chanting someone's name constantly, which is not audible at all, but she is chanting as if she is reciting a mantra to save herself.

She sees the road in front after running, like she has been running from an early age, which brings a smile to her face. She immediately looks behind her and sees that those dirty creatures have come very close to her. Now she doesn't want to shed tears or panic. She murmurs while placing her hand on her stomach.

"It is just a matter of distance... We will get some help. You do not need to panic at all. As long as I am with you, I will not let anything happen to you. Your father will come soon... He will come... He loves us so much... I am sorry... I should have listened to whatever you were saying, love. I shouldn't have done this at all."

"Catch her immediately... She should not go on the road at all. She is such a good piece of meat. At least we are not going to leave her all night tonight."

Hearing their dirty words, she starts crying for herself even more. Why didn't she think twice before running? She increases her speed by showing some more courage. As she kept her first step in the middle of the road, a sudden sound of screeching from the car got her attention. She reacted strongly when the car slammed into her legs.

She flies almost 10 feet in the air and falls hard to the ground on her stomach.

"Ahhhhhhhh... "

She screams a name very loudly.
.

.

.
Four girls are roaming outside the operation theater; they do not understand at all what happened to them a few hours ago. They were coming back after celebrating their friend's birthday party with so much enjoyment.

They are enjoying themselves in the car, and one of their friends is driving the car very fast, and suddenly a girl came in front of the car, and even while applying sudden brakes, the car hit her.

"I told you lots of times that you should drive safely... Slow your speed, but no, you never listen to us."

Shina scolds Nisha with frustration.

"We were all having a lot of fun, and there was no one on the road. Because of that, we were driving very fast while having fun, and we all wanted to reach home as soon as possible. So we are all equally guilty of this. So now stop shouting."

Nisha holds her head and sits on the nearby bench; she still does not understand what to do. Shikha is sitting beside Nisha, puts her hand on her shoulder, and says something as a way of consoling her.

"Nisha, you do not need to panic at all... It is not your fault at all because that girl suddenly appeared in front of us; we had no idea at all. Yes, it is our mistake that we should have maintained the speed of the car properly, but we did not do it deliberately."

Nisha wipes her tears while rubbing her hands on her face, looking at her, and saying,

"For the last two hours, we have been waiting here to know whether she is okay or not. With time, I am feeling very nervous. Although I am fully aware that nothing we did was malicious, it is also true that our car injured a girl, and that girl is pregnant. Do you understand that I am pregnant? I am worried about the baby."

After saying this, the four girls look at each other, and they all know very well that these words will not make any sense to them because they all know what must have happened to that innocent child. Just then, a boy comes there while running, and as soon as Nisha sees that boy, she immediately hugs him and starts crying.

"I tried a lot to stop the car at the same moment when I saw that girl on the road, but after so much effort, I couldn't. I am afraid. She is pregnant."

"Relax … Everything is okay."

"No … Rohan, she is not okay. Please try to understand that she is not okay."

"Relax, baby, she is okay... I am here with you now... Stop worrying... Everything will be fine, okay? Just be relaxed."

All those people sit there and wait for the doors of the operation theater to open. After about 2 more hours, the operation theater's door opens, the doctors come out, and they stand completely silent. Rohan immediately stands in front of them while trying to see her inside the operating theater and asks the doctor.

"That girl is okay, Doctor... Please tell us."

"I am sorry... Even after trying a lot, we could not save her child. The child was only 4 months old. No matter how hard we tried, it was very difficult for the child to survive."

"What about the girl? Is she..."

All the girls look at each other with fear in their eyes. They knew this was going to happen, but even then, they didn't want to even imagine it.

"The condition of the girl is still very serious... She has a very deep injury to her head. We have to do surgery. Right now, we have done everything that could be done to save the girl, but it is necessary to have surgery as soon as possible. Otherwise, the girl's life is in danger again. Even that girl can lose her life, and for surgery, we will need the signature of her family members."

Rohan rubs his forehead with his fingers and immediately tells the doctor.

"You should do the girl's surgery as soon as possible; I don't care how much money this surgery wants; we don't know who that girl is, so it will be very difficult for us to find her family members so quickly till that girl also comes to her senses."

The doctor looks at them with so much disappointment in her eyes, then takes a relaxed breath and tells them.

"If you guys do not know anything about that girl, then even after she comes to her senses, it will be very difficult for us to know anything about that girl."

Hearing such a thing, those girls get nervous and make a circle and stand around the doctor, and Rohan also asks her in panic.

"What do you mean by this?"

"The girl has a very severe head injury, of which there is an 80% chance; it must have had a great impact on the girl's memory... Maybe that girl lost her memory. Maybe she forgets a few years of her life... But there will indeed be a lot of impact on her memory, due to which her future life can be very problematic because we do not know whether her memory will come back in the coming future or not."

"What the hell..."

Sandhya, who had been completely silent since the accident and was not saying anything to anyone but was listening to everyone's words, suddenly says

"At this time, we do not think about what is going to happen next and whatnot; we just have to think at this time that we have to save that girl's life. We have lost one life; do not lose another life. Life is very precious."

"She is absolutely right..."

"Sir, due to your family's high reach, I took this case immediately and did not say anything to anyone. But this is a police case, and we should inform the police as soon as possible."

Hearing this, Nisha holds Rohan's hand tightly. Rohan also looks at her with assurance, smiles slightly, and tells the doctor.

"I do not want any kind of police involvement in this case; I will handle everything at my level. You only do your best to save that girl."

"But sir..."

"I said no..."

The doctor does not want to pursue any kind of argument, so she immediately nods her head and goes back to the operation theater. Rohan hugs Nisha immediately; she starts crying so badly and mumbles on his chest.

"I will never drive fast again... I have made a big mistake. I will never do this again. We are sorry."

"It's ok..." Just calm down."

After 7 days

Due to one surgery after another, the girl has not yet regained consciousness, but the doctors hope that today she will regain her consciousness. Because her body is already showing positive results, everyone around her is waiting for her to come to her senses.

Rohan and Nisha are very worried about her, so they decide to just take care of her until she fully recovers. The girl's fingers start moving, which brings a smile to Nisha's face. She immediately grabs Rohan's hand and gestures for him to look toward the girl. Seeing that girl gaining her senses, Rohan takes a sigh of relief, thanks to God in his heart, and moves towards that girl with Nisha.

When the girl is fully conscious, she moves her eyes from one side to another and looks across the room; she does not understand where she is at this time.

"Where am I? Why these bandages?"

She is very nervous to see so many people around her, and she does not understand at all what has happened to her or why she is there. The doctor smiles, comes in front of her, and asks her with so much love.

"Hi, sweetie... I am Dr. Malini... You had a small accident. Can you please tell me your name?"

"Mayil... Mayil Kaushik, but my father calls me Mahi... because I am his buddy... Where is my dad?

Everyone smiles at each other, but some get nervous after hearing her innocent words.

"Your parents don't know that you have had an accident... So, would you tell me where you live so that I can inform your parents about your accident?"

"I live in Shimla."

She tells them the addresses and her father's phone numbers. Rohan makes a call and leaves quickly so that he can inform her father about her condition and accident as soon as possible.

The doctor is constantly checking her injuries to see how much she has healed, and it is also very important for her to talk to her to clear all her doubts.

"Ok, Mayil, can you tell me anything about you?"

"I don't want to talk... I want to sleep more... It's not feeling good... Please call my parents here immediately. I want to be with them."

"Sure, but I want to discuss..."

But Mayil's attention goes to the calendar; she looks here and there and nervously says something to the doctor.

"Why are you keeping the 2021 calendar here? Have you lived in the future? This is 2016, isn't it?"

"2016….. "