Chapter. 2

IN HOSPITAL

Mayil is looking outside while sitting near the window. She feels that a lot is broken inside her, but she does not understand why she feels this weird feeling when she comes back to her senses. She feels like she wants to cry a lot. She feels like something very precious has been lost all of a sudden, but she doesn't know at all what she has lost, which is why she is so upset.

She doesn't know any of the people who have brought her here. She spoke to her father this morning. Both of them were crying after talking to each other, but she does not understand that she should have felt happy after talking to his father, but happiness is far away and she is feeling strange.

Nisha had stayed with her at night; she was given a sleep injection, due to which she woke up late this morning, and after getting up, Rohan made her talk to her father. But after that, she is constantly looking outside the window and slowly murmuring to herself.

"Why do I feel weird? Why can't I explain to myself why I feel as if I have missed something very precious here?"
.
.
.
IN THE DOCTOR'S CABIN

Mr. Jagdish Kaushik, Mayil's father, just arrived here. He wanted to meet her soon and wanted to hug her, for which he did not know how long he had been yearning.

Rohan went to pick him up at the airport, and on his way back, he very well told Jagdish Kaushik that his daughter has lost her memory; she does not remember five years of her life at all. He already informed him a lot in a phone conversation, but now Jagdish is going to meet him in person. In such a situation, some protection is necessary.

This is nothing more than a huge shock for Jagdish Kaushik, as he does not know how he will face his daughter now. Jagdish Kaushik, Rohan, and the doctor are sitting opposite each other. He starts talking, which is a total shock for everyone.

"My daughter has forgotten five years of her life, which is very important for me to know. I cannot even tell you that in these five years I have lost everything, and here my daughters have forgotten."

Rohan and the doctor both understand his point to a great extent, but Rohan still puts his hand on Jagdish's shoulder and tells him.

"I can't understand your pain, nor can I share your pain, but I know so much that if you had brought your wife here at this time, it would have been much easier to talk to your daughter because a mother can explain her daughter to a great extent, which is very difficult for us."

Jagdish looks at Rohan with tears in his eyes. Rohan immediately removes his hand from his shoulder, and he slowly wipes away his tears. He looks at him again and says,

"My wife left this world 3 years ago due to the loss of our daughter, so now it is very difficult for me to explain to my daughter that her mother is not in this world."

"I am sorry, sir..."

"It's ok, son. You don't know anything about us."

Jagdish turns to the doctor and pleads with joined hands, telling her

"Doctor, do anything but bring back my daughter's memory; I need to know about these 5 years. No matter how much money it takes, no matter where to go, "I am ready to get everything done, but my daughter's memory should come."

The doctor and Rohan are unable to understand the depth of his words. The doctor sits comfortably on her chair and tells him.

"Sir, why are you giving so much pressure to bring back her memory? You will be with her for 5 years; if she has forgotten some things, then what has become such a big deal?"

Jagdish bangs his hand on the table, gets up from his seat, and says it with so much anger.

"She was kidnapped five years ago, when she was only 17 years old. Someone kidnapped her. My wife and I united day and night, but we could not find her at all after so many efforts. To date, no one has received a call asking for a ransom. I could not understand who was my enemy and why my daughter had suddenly disappeared like this."

Rohan and the doctor look at each other with surprise; they are not at all sure what they have just heard. Rohan repeated his statement.

"5 years ago, your daughter was kidnapped, and your daughter has forgotten those same 5 years. Oh god. This is such an unexpected thing."

Jagdish holds his head and immediately sits back there, rubbing his head with light hands as he tells the doctor.

"Doctor, is there any way to get my daughter's memory back? It is very important for me to know who that person was who suddenly took my daughter away from me, and suddenly today my daughter has met me in this condition too."

The doctor takes a deep breath, looks at Jagdish, and tells him while closing her eyes for a while.

"You are saying that 5 years ago your daughter was kidnapped and you haven't met her for 5 years, and here I was trying to tell you that now call your daughter's husband here as soon as possible so that if we talk to him, tell her something that can be handled easily."

This new information about his daughter was nothing less than a thunderclap for Jagdish; he widens his eyes and looks at the doctor, then speaks immediately.

"Husband... How are you sure about the fact that my daughter is married, and what is the matter that requires her husband to be present with her?"

On Jagdish's question, the doctor immediately opens her drawer and puts the wedding chain worn by Mayil in front of Jagdish. Jagdish takes that wedding chain in his hands and starts looking at the doctor. She answered.

"At the time of the operation, it was given to me by the nurse; since then, I have kept it, and I have not even given it to Mayil because Mayil has lost her memory, so I was waiting for her family. But now I want to inform you... I am very sorry to say that we could not save the baby in your daughter's womb. She was approximately 4 months pregnant at the time of the accident."

Jagdish holds the nuptial chain in his hands very tightly; he puts both his hands on his eyes; tears start flowing from his eyes; he does not understand what to do, how to ask anyone, how to explain anything to Mayil, or what to do now.

The doctor sitting in front can understand Jagdish's condition very well, but at this time she has no option left; she cannot hide anything from Jagdish in any way at this time.

"Sir, your daughter's condition is very bad. If we try hard to force her to get back her memory, then she may lose her life. I can't even tell you exactly how you will handle this situation now and how to handle your daughter, but I believe that trying to bring back her memory at this time can prove to be very dangerous for her life."

For Jagdish, it is more important for his daughter to be alive at this time than anything else, so he immediately tells the doctor.

"No, doctor, you don't have to force any kind of treatment to bring back her memory. I don't know with whom she married or what happened to her; my daughter is still the same for me, whom I lost 5 years ago."

Rohan, who is listening very well to his words, immediately turns to Jagdish and tells him.

"Sir, I know that I am not the one to think anything about you and your daughter, and no one should interfere in your personal matters." But once you meet your daughter, you will come to know how much emptiness is in her eyes, and I can understand this emptiness very well because I also love my wife very much." Her eyes are constantly searching for the man; she can't even remember his name."

Jagdish does not want to understand anything at the time; he just wants to get his daughter out of here immediately because he is afraid that she will be taken away from him again, and then he does not know whether he will meet her again or not.

He completely ignores Rohan's words and immediately looks at the doctor and asks her.

"Doctor, I don't want to get involved in any kind of matter with anyone; I just want to know how well my daughter is and how soon I can take her from here to Shimla. I want to shift my daughter from here as soon as possible."

The doctor, understanding Jagdish's point, takes the nuptial chain from his hands, packs it well in a zip-lock bag, and says while giving it back to him.

"I understand all your worries very well, and I also know that whatever you are saying, whatever you fear, is absolutely true. But still, I would like to tell you that the more rest your daughter gets at this time, the better it will be for her, because her body is very weak; if we force her more, then it is harmful to her."

Jagdish agrees with everything the doctor says, so he shakes his head and immediately tells the doctor.

"Do whatever you feel is appropriate for my daughter, but I have a humble request to you: no one should know about my daughter now."

The doctor understands his point again and shakes her head in approval, but Rohan, who is sitting next to him, feels a bit strange.

"Mr. Kaushik doesn't try to misunderstand me, but don't you think you should find out about your daughter's husband once?"

Jagdish completely turns towards Rohan, and looking into his eyes tells him so.

"I have lost a lot; now I do not have the courage to lose anything else; I do not want any storm in my daughter's life now; if it is good for her to stay away from her husband, then I will do that too. I don't know who the person is, if she likes him or not, or what he used to do. I don't even know if my daughter loves him or not. I only know that my daughter is with me at the moment, and I just want to see her safe."

Rohan nods his head lightly, and the doctor immediately says.

"I think now you should meet your daughter, but remember this very well: do not say anything in front of her, due to which her condition may worsen now for at least 20 to 25 days. We should take good care of her."

IN MAYIL'S WARD

The bandage is tied to her head; she is having a lot of pain in her eyes, but despite that, she is looking out of the window again and again, only at the door several times, as if she is waiting desperately for someone.

She is not able to understand at all because of the pain that is happening to her from inside. She is very upset at this time. She wants to talk to someone very well but does not understand to whom she should talk.

As soon as Jagdish comes in front of her ward, his feet stop automatically; he does not go inside at all. The doctor and Rohan also stood silently in front of him for some time.

Jagdish looks inside and looks at his precious daughter Mayil because he hasn't seen her for 5 years and doesn't know how she looks now.

But as soon as he peeks inside and sees Mayil, his steps automatically move towards her; he immediately goes towards her, and Mayil's eyes also immediately recognize her father.

"Papa…. "

"Mahi…."

Jagdish immediately very carefully hides Mayil in his arms, as if he does not want anyone in the world to see his daughter. But in a few seconds, Mayil lost consciousness.