Chapter. 5

The car stops in front of the house very slowly, and Mayil gets down from the car while looking outside. Seeing her house, Mayil's face lit up with a bright smile. She wanted to immediately run inside and hug her mother.

But she does not wait for her inside, as her father tells her that her mother has gone to stay at her father's house until she recovers from her illness. But Mayil wants to meet her mother as soon as possible because she hasn't seen her for a long time. But her mother's health is as important to her as she wants to meet her after everything gets on point, so she understands the situation and smiles lightly.

She starts looking around in a good way, but her attention goes on a lot of securities that were not there earlier, in her opinion, which is now a big surprise to see that she immediately asks her father.

"Papa, why is there so much security here? Earlier, there was nothing like this here. Why, all of a sudden, did you increase the security in a few months? Few months…. Oh, sorry, I can't remember anything. Was there security here before? Was security here even before my accident? Damn, I don't remember anything."

Jagdish immediately comes close to Mayil and starts patting her head lovingly before she asks him a lot of questions. And by getting entangled in the same questions, he does not say anything, which is not right at all, so he tells her.

"Mahi, you don't have to put any kind of pressure on your mind; the doctor has explained to you that you don't have to do anything like this. Because of that accident, you have forgotten five years of your life. It is not your fault. The doctor has said that if you do not pressure yourself, it is good for you, so don't stress yourself, there is nothing that you have to remember."

Mayil knows very well that her father has never lied to her. Her problem is that she has forgotten her five years, so she doesn't want to bother her father at all. And when her father is telling her that there was probably nothing in her life in these 5 years that she needs to be bothered to remember, she smiles and happily accepts her father's words.

"Ok… papa…. I am getting very tired after traveling so much. I just want to sleep after taking a bath."

Jagdish also gets a lot of peace after seeing Mayil be assured with his answers. She immediately went inside. Jagdish turns to his security and says,.

"No one should meet Mahi without my permission; no one means anyone... If someone comes here and says that he is very close to me, yet no one is not allowed to meet Mahi ?"

Saying this in Jagdish also goes inside. The security head is checking the security and instructing them for further arrangements.

Mayil comes inside and starts seeing everything well; everything has changed; the color of the house has changed; the decorum has changed. She doesn't like it at all because she can't remember when it happened. After all, it doesn't seem like it at all according to her taste, and she knows very well that both her parents always decorate the whole house according to her taste.

Jagdish comes in, finds his daughter busy seeing everything well, and immediately places his hand on her shoulder, due to which she also gets shocked.

"Seeing the color and decorum on all the walls, you must be thinking that it was always changed according to your taste, so how did everything suddenly change? Well, you know your grandfather(Nanaji). He never likes your choice, and you don't like his choice. But this time your mother decided that everything would be according to her father's taste because she couldn't always see him sad that his daughter was not listening to him."

Mayil soon understands her father's point, as she knows very well that her mother loves her father very much. She smiles and moves towards her room. When she opens the door slowly and is surprised she sees that nothing has changed there. Jagdish is also with her, with a broad smile. She immediately asked him.

"Papa, has my choice not changed in these 5 years? I feel that yesterday... I left the room yesterday... it is exactly the same... I am most happy to see this room because everything has changed... I have forgotten my 5 years, but looking at this room, it does not seem that my 5 years have gone anywhere... Everything is the same here, like always."

Jagdish is smiling just standing there. He cannot say anything to her, but after closing the door, he immediately comes to his room with his hands on his eyes. He wipes his tears, holds a photo frame from the table, and says,.

"Hey, Sakhi…. So you always used to say that when your Mahi comes back and she sees that you have changed her room, she will be angry, so you never let anyone touch that room. You have cleaned that room so that nothing gets lost in it. You were right; today, when she came back, she was most happy to see her room. But my best friend; my Sakhi, is not even with me to see that happiness. Why, Shweta, why do you leave so early? I need my friend here with me; today is a very happy day for us."
(Mayil's mother's name is Sweta, and she has been Jagdish's best friend since childhood, so he calls her Sakhi, which means friend.)

Jagdish starts crying after seeing Shweta's photo; he does not understand that on the day Mayil will come to know that her mother is no more, how will she react? She breaks into a million parts; she loves her mother so much.

He was so engrossed in his words, thinking these things, that suddenly, he remembered something, and he immediately ran outside.

Here in Mayil's room, she comes to her closest, as she wants a bath while selecting her clothes. But as soon as she opens her wardrobe, she takes a good look at her dresses, and she doesn't know what to do.

"All these dresses are 5 years old, which I used to wear. Looking at my wardrobe, I feel as if I have not bought a single dress in these 5 years, and come on, none of these dresses will fit me in any way because maybe I have become much healthier than before."

Mayil was pregnant before her accident, due to which she put on a lot of weight. She doesn't care about all this; she does not understand why all these dresses are 5 years old and why there is no new dress here.

"Why do I feel that I was not here for 5 years, because of which everything has changed so much here that I cannot remember anything? What is happening after all?"

Just then, Jagdish enters her room, almost running. As soon as Mayil sees her father, she immediately comes in front of him with a dress in her hand, but before she can say anything, Jagdish speaks.

"Hey, what are these dresses doing here? Your mother forgot to donate all these, so she donated all the other clothes."

"Donate…."

"Yes, donate…… You have kept all your clothes very carefully for 5 years because you said that you wanted to donate all these clothes to a very good organization. Since then, all of us have been looking for a good organization where the donated clothes should not be sent to the market again to be resold for money but instead used by children of orphanages. So you told your mother that she should donate all the clothes; you want to change your entire wardrobe."

Mayil smiles after listening to her father's words. She feels very happy to hear that she has taken such a good decision, which would be useful for the poor children. But pout suddenly.

"What do you mean, you have donated all the clothes? Now, what will I wear? I need clothes to wear now... Because these clothes are not going to fit me, seeing me, don't you feel that I have become too fat. I do not understand how I have become so fat while I am most afraid of you being fat; it seems like... I am very careless about my food habits."

Jagdish does not understand at all how to explain to his daughter that this is not the obesity that comes from eating junk food, which she is understanding. This is because her pregnancy put on weight, which was probably a big blessing for her, but she doesn't know whose evil eye caught on to his daughter's happiness, and she doesn't even know that she was pregnant a few days ago.

Jagdish wants to go and find out who his daughter's husband is or whom he married, but he does not know why he has an unknown fear, due to which he has restrained himself. He says this to her immediately.

"Come on now, don't worry too much; your clothes are going to be delivered from your favorite store. I ordered it as I know my daughter's choice very well. Now you go and take a relaxing bath. You will get your clothes when you come to your room after taking a bath... Fine my sweetheart."

"Fine papa…"

Mayil immediately goes to the bathroom to take a bath. She starts looking at herself in the mirror after taking a very relaxing shower. She still has a bandage on her head, so she can't forget the bandage which is irritating her a lot, due to which she is feeling very annoyed now.

She dried herself with the soft towel and finally looked at herself in the mirror, and suddenly something caught her attention. She's just constantly looking at herself.