[CLOSED] The _____ Apocalypse!

Photosensitivity Warning: Please note, contest chapter(s) may include flashing images/gifs.

How obscure and random can you make an apocalypse? Well, we wager you awesome Z-Fans can make an apocalypse super obscure and random! With that in mind...

The Prompt

It's the Apocalypse, but it's not zombies; instead, it's ____?

What ____ is, is entirely your decision! Dinosaurs? Sentient cutlery? Candy? Killer potatoes? As we say, what ____ is, is your call!

The Fineprint

Making use of the prompt given above, write a story of no more than 1,000 words in length. Entries exceeding this total will not be considered eligible for judging.

Entries must be submitted no later than 23:59 BST on September 30th. Entries submitted after this date will not be considered eligible for judging.

Entries must be written in English.

Entries must be new stories written exclusively for this contest.

Submission to this contest is via this form only.

Fanfiction is permitted.

Mature content is permitted, though ensure your entry meets Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

The Prizes

The highest scoring entry, as judged by a team of trained Ambassadors, will be given opportunity to feature in our Contest Winners Anthology.

The three highest scoring entries, as judged by a team of trained Ambassadors, will earn a Contest Winners Cover Sticker.

All valid entries will earn a Participants' Cover Sticker.

The Disclaimer

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.