[CLOSED] Just For Guts - May 2020

Just for Guts

Let's face it, zombies are hilarious. What with their shuffling feet and lost appendages, a missing ear there, a popped out eye here.

This time, we pay homage to those zombies that make us laugh in this impromptu flash contest. Your objective?

To make us laugh of course!

Write a short story of between 1000 and 2000 words using one of the prompts provided. Show us your funny side in Just For Guts.

Prompts

#1. We have all wanted to bring a pet back to life before. You actually succeeded but this is one exotic pet you'll have to keep a secret.

#2. You're a scientist and after one too many nights of bringing your work home with you, you turned your entire family into zombies. The catch? They're still the same, except for missing neighborhood pets and way too much hot sauce in the potluck.

#3. After swearing vengeance on the bullies in your coven you attempt something no warlock or witch has ever done, to raise the dead. It works, sort of. But instead of an undead army of vicious monsters you have a daisy smelling zombie attached to your hip and the coven can't know about it.

Submission Guidelines

Your story must be based on one of the prompts provided.

Only stories written in English will be eligible since we currently do not have other language capacities.

All genres are accepted including fan-fiction but remember, your story should contain humor.

The word count is between 1000 to 2000 words.

The submission period runs from  1 May 2020 to 31 May 2020.

Mature content is not allowed.

Your story can be a standalone or part of a chapter in an existing short story collection.

Your story should be submitted via this form.

Please feel free to share your stories in the comments section. Do support each other by reading submissions from your fellow contestants and chatting with them.

Tag your story with #justforguts

Prizes

A shout-out to 5.24K followers.

A spot in our Winning Entries anthology.

Disclaimer

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.