[CLOSED] Challenge #5 - Rock On Zombie

Challenge Type: Flash Fiction

Seriously? Of all the places to be when the zombie apocalypse occurs you're at a gig watching your favourite band play a set. You've waited absolutely ages for them to come to a town near you, too...

Sigh...

So what happens when the zombie apocalypse begins and you're seated around the edge of an arena or down on the floor, sticky and sweaty surrounded by thousands of other people, each of whom is equally as sticky and sweaty?

I imagine there would be an inordinate amount of panic, people running, screaming as they head for the nearest exit.

In all of that chaos one would think the vast majority of people would take a bite to the arm at the very least, right?

Do you run?

Do you hide?

Do you leap up on stage and snatch that deliciously spiffy BC Rich Warlock the guitarist has been caressing all night and set about smashing a few undead skulls?

Using no more than 500 words write the story of an outbreak at a concert. Post your story to your own profile and add the tag #RockOnZombie and submit it to us via this submission form!

Entries exceeding 500 words will not be eligible for judging.

Don't forget to read and support your fellow authors! Spread the Z-love!

Your story must be suitable for everyone (not mature) and a new story, not one you have previously written. It can be a new part of an existing collection.

Only submissions written in English will be judged as we do not currently have other language capabilities.

The closing date for this challenge is Sunday, July 16th. Entries submitted after this date will not be eligible for judging.