[CLOSED] ...And Then There Were Zombies!

Every ending has its beginning. For something to be, it must first be something else entirely. In the case of the Zombie Apocalypse, there must first be the not-apocalypse, before the #insidesandentrails hit the proverbial fan.

 In the case of the Zombie Apocalypse, there must first be the not-apocalypse, before the #insidesandentrails hit the proverbial fan

The Prompt

What we at WattpadZombies are looking for are beginnings, partial stories covering that period of time from the not-apocalypse to when the only viable choice is to get one's #crowbarout for the #hordescometh...

We'd like to invite you to write such a thing for us. We're not asking for complete stories. We're asking for 2-2.5K words of fresh, ripe, juicy goodness. We want you to leave us wanting more. We want you to leave your readers craving to know what happens next. We don't want you to write a beginning, middle and end... We just want the first bit, and our favourites as selected by the Ambassadors working the WattpadZombies profile, will earn the chance to feature in our ...And Then There Were Zombies! Anthology!

The Fine Print

Entries should be no longer than 2.5K words, though a small amount of leeway will be given.

Entries should be submitted by January 31st, 2020, at 23:59 GMT. No submissions will be accepted after this time.

Entries should be written exclusively for this contest, though we do encourage you to continue writing your story and post via your own profile.

Unfortunately we can only accept entries written in English. However we are running this contest in tandem with ZombisES, our Spanish sister profile. For more details on their side of things, click here!

Mature content is permitted. It's the zombie apocalypse (or at least, it will be!) after all. Shit's gon' get real messy, real quick! However, be sure your story complies with Wattpad's rules n' regs!

Should you wish to do so, you can include mention of zombies towards the end of your entry. We recommend that perhaps the final two or three paragraphs would be plenty to set up the ensuing gorefest!

Fanfiction is not permitted.

Entries should be submitted via this form. We will not accept submissions via any other method, however we do encourage you to post the direct link to your entry into the comments section below and share your efforts with fellow Z-fans!

 We will not accept submissions via any other method, however we do encourage you to post the direct link to your entry into the comments section below and share your efforts with fellow Z-fans!