Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

~~~~~

WARNING:This story will contain swearing, mentions of drugs, self harm, violence, mentions of blood, abuse

~~~~~

*Vic's pov*

I could feel the pounding in my head from last nights shot...or shots and a few beers or more. I've been bounced around from Foster homes quite frequently because none of them could handle me.

Before my mum died it was just me and her, I never really knew my dad but my mum would tell me stories about him and he seemed like a nice guy despite not being around for the past 17 years of my existence. I had a good life, good grades, good friends and I dated a few boys but none of them really stuck. Everything was going great until mum died, then in came Foster care and hundreds of parents taking me in and shipping me off to another unfortunate couple as soon as they could.

My latest Foster parents decide to move us to New York. I wasn't mad about it because I thought this could be my new start something my carers had wanted for a while but my first day of Senior year was not off to a great start.

'Victoria Louise Carter get your ass down here and into the car otherwise you'll be late for your first day.' That was my...Jules, she has been the closest thing I've had to a mum yet and if I had to admit it I didn't wanna screw it up with her but I could say a totally different story about her husband Andy. It's not that he is a bad guy or anything, he doesn't smoke, drink, do drugs or have any criminal records he' s actually pretty perfect but some part of me wishes I could meet my real dad just to know if he likes the same things I do or his favourite song was also the same song mum would play on repeat in the kitchen whilst dancing with a mop, It's been a long, long time.

'Be down there in just a second Jules' I yelled downstairs quickly rinsing myself under the shower and getting changed into some jeans a guns and roses t-shirt and chucking on my signature white and black converse before grabbing my books and sprinting downstairs to the car.

                                                    ★★★

'Please try and make a good impression' I gave Jules a sympathetic smile and a hug.

'I will, see you after school?'

'Actually I won't be home till 7 and Andy won't be home until 9, so don't go throwing parties or anything crazy'

'I won't Jules' I chuckled before stepping out of the car and waving goodbye to Jules.

I took a deep breath before walking into my first class.

'Ah, you must be Victoria Carter' The teacher said causing everyone to look at me.

'Vic or Tori is fine' I said back

'Well why don't you have a seat next to Mr Parker and we'll get started' I gave the teacher a polite smile and walked over to the kid with a blue sweater.

I sat down took out my books and shit! I totally forgot I had left my bracelet at home and I know what you're thinking, what's the big deal about a bracelet, well this particular bracelet my mum had got made for me after I discovered I had powers. No I didn't get powers from my mum she was actually normal and I was to until these men kidnapped me, put sedatives in me and then inject some type of mystical serum stuff. So I can basically read minds I have, telekinesis, hypnosis,teleportation, these big ominous energy balls that I can manipulate and strength. But no one but my dead mother and those men know about my powers and I would like to keep it that way because if I'm being totally honest I can't control any of it.

'Miss Carter I asked you a question' shit getting called upon in class was not the best time right now. 'How do you calculate linear acceleration between points A and B, Miss Carter.'