Chapter 3: New Friends & Complications

*Victoria's pov*

'So Victoria, do you like New York so far?' The blonde man down the table questioned.

'Oh, it's good...I actually wanted to ask-' I had been rudely interrupted by a redheaded woman who walked through the door just now.

'Why is the fresh meat sitting in my chair?' She exclaimed.

I furrowed my brows. Fresh meat? What does she mean by that?

'Maybe you didn't hear me, that's my seat' The woman spoke again, sounding more serious.

'Sorry didn't recall saving seats was an option' I said back showing my annoyance through my tone.

'Seat saving, cute'

'Oh I'm sorry, do I get a bonus if I act like I care?'

'Your bonus, will be me kicking you out' She was now resting one of her hands on the table and I could feel her breath on my neck and a heat start to arise on my face.

'Bitch' I whispered under my breath.

'How long did it take you to come up with that?' The redheaded woman glared at me with her resentful green eyes, still leaning on the table in front of me.

'Oh Fuck off' I snapped. 'Parker I'll see you at school tomorrow, Anthony-I mean Tony, thanks again but I'll be going' I pushed out my seat and walked past the redhead angrily proceeding towards the doors.

'Be careful the doors don't hit you on the way out' I heard the redhead snicker as I left the room.

This woman didn't even know me and she was already pushing my buttons.

★★★

I managed to make my way back to our new 'home' sneaking into my bedroom.

Who was that woman? She was quite annoying. Feeling her hot breath on my neck sent shivers down my spine. Her meere presence being so close to me made me want to punch her repeatedly in the face.

'Victoria Louise, where on earth have you been!' Jules yelled at me.

Surely it wasn't that late and even if it was I'm turning 18 in a few days I can take care of myself....sometimes at least.

'Look Jules, I'm sorry I was out with a friend I didn't realise the time.'

'Victoria, please don't go down this path again, promise me you won't' I knew exactly what Jules was referring to and I hated that I made her upset.

'I'll try' I said as I avoided my gaze from Jules.

'Good now get some sleep, you've got school tomorrow.'

And with that Jules left my bedroom and I was alone with my thoughts again.

Should I tell Parker about this? Should I tell him about the photo? We only just met I don't owe him anything. It's settled then this will just have to be my LITTLE secret.

★★★

I walked into school the next morning not feeling like I wanted to deal with anyone's crap today.

'Carter over here!' Parker called out to me as I walked over. 'Sorry if Carter is to formal then I'll go back to Victoria or Vic or-'

'PARKER!' I yelled getting his attention.

'Yes?'

'Your rambling again, Carter is just fine.' I could see the relief wash over Parkers face. 'Let's get to class.'