Chapter 9: Barely Breathing

~~~

*Victoria's pov*

It had been a couple days since my last encounter with red. I barely saw her around and to say the least it bothered me, if she really didn't want people "barging" as she called it, into her room lock the damn door!

Each day the training only got more intense and unfortunately for me Flash was being even more of a dick.

'Hey Carter, I can't wait to see your ass handed to you today!' Flash laughed at his little remark along with his dipstick friends.

'Who exactly will be handing my ass to me because it's sure as hell not you?' I shoot back at him.

'Wait you haven't heard?'

'Haven't heard what Flash?'

'Hand to hand combat starts today'

'And?'

'You best be digging your grave is all I will say'

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I shrugged it off thinking Flash was just being arrogant like always.

We were all gathered  in the gym ready to find out who the first two people to fight would be. Mr Stark along with the other avengers including red were standing in the middle of the ring announcing the rules.

'Alright the last rule is no using weapons or powers of any sort and with that let the games begin' Mr Stark did an over exaggerated bow, but what can you expect? 

'The first person to be fighting is the famous Black Widow!' Everyone clapped and cheered for red as Captain America announced her name.

It sucks to be the person fighting her, I thought whilst I gave a little chuckle to myself. I looked back up to be met with those piercing green eyes I haven't seen in awhile but the only thing different about her features was that a small smirk was tugging at her lip.

What is she so happy about? I wondered.

'And the person to be competing against the famous Black Widow is none other than...Victoria-Louise Carter everybody' There was no applause.

The only thing I could hear was my heart caught in my throat. I couldn't move, my feet were plastered to the floor. My breathing had stopped, the room was spinning. Somebody better tell me this is a sick joke.

I forced myself to drag my extremely sorry ass into the boxing ring. I was ushered over to the corner opposite of my competitor who still had that smug smirk on her stupid face.

'Kid look at me, she won't hurt you I promise' Stark said as he was strapping my hands with tape.

The only thing I could muster up was a small nod.

'Okay now watch out for her frontal attack, her foot can do some serious damage if she hits you in the ribs and I'm going to need that bracelet'

I couldn't focus on anything Mr Stark was saying. I hear the words foot, rib and bracelet. Wait! My bracelet!

'No you can't take my bracelet, I need it on Stark please' I begged when I could finally get words to come out of my mouth.

'You'll get it straight back after the fight, no jewellery was one of the rules don't worry I'll keep it safe for you'

'Wait! Antho-'

Fuck! He was out of the ring and sitting with the rest of the crowd. Okay just don't get angry and your powers will be under control I thought to myself even though I knew it probably wouldn't help.