- 43 -

As I walked, well floated through the SMP everyone glared at me furiously.
I was beginning to wonder if I also blew up an entire nation.

Ranboo and Tubbo made jokes to try and lift the tension. I did help. Anytime we would come across someone on the path they would distract me so I wouldn't see their hateful looks.

We spent a while looking for Tommy. Turns out he was walking on the obsidian above L'manburg. They said he hasn't spoken to anyone since my death.

(Take a moment to feel pity for
C!Tommy)

He had to witness my death, the death of his brother and Ghostburs death. He saw the country he loved and fought for, burn to ash in front of him twice. He was exiled twice, manipulated and abused by Dream countless times. Did I mention he was beaten to death and revived? So I'd say the guy has had it rough.

We made our way up onto the obsidian grid. The sky was grey, it looked like it would rain any second now. Tommy heard us approaching and turned to face us. He looked like he hasn't slept in days. His eyes were red from crying.

"Hi, Tommy!" I spoke excitedly. He squinted before taking a step closer. He froze.

"Oh... I thought you were the real... Never mind," He sighed and began to walk away.

"But I am real. It's me, Y/n, remember?"

"No. You may be real but you are not
Y/n... I can't... Just stay away from me."

His words stung. It felt like salt in an open wound.

"But Tommy..."

"No. Don't talk to me. Don't come anywhere near me! And don't remind me of her. She's gone. And I don't want her back. I don't want to watch them kill her again." Tommy spoke with tears in his eyes before turning around and storming off. Tubbo followed after him.

I wanted to cry but ghosts can't cry. My own biology prevents me from crying.  Blue steam flowed from my eyes. Ranboo tried to comfort me but to no avail. My best friend just said he didn't want me near him. I wish I could apologise but I don't know what to apologise for... Tubbo spoke to Tommy, they occasionally glanced at me.

And just our luck it started to rain. Me and Ranboo quickly ran to take cover from the rain. We're both allergic. We took shelter in a small cave that was created by some of the many explosions. We both sat with our knees drawn to our chests.

"why does he hate me..." I spoke so quietly it was barely audible.

"What- no. He doesn't hate you... He just grieving."

We sat in awkward silence while waiting for the rain to pass. A few moments later Tubbo appeared with Tommy a few feet behind him. He kept his gaze down and his arms folded.

"I don't think this rain will stop anytime soon." Tubbo took off his coat and handed it to me. Ranboo took off his blazer and held it over his head I copied his actions.

Tommy and Tubbo were both drenched but didn't seem to mind. Tommy led the way. He made sure he kept his distance though.

Tubbo leaned over to me. "Don't mind him. He's just worried you'll die again."

"But I'm a ghost..."

"I know but for you to be revived you'd have to die. That's how Wilbur was revived. Ghostbur had to die for it to work. I don't know how it's possible but it is." Tubbo explained, I just nodded.

"How did I die? I mean I remember a lot of people being there but why?" I asked. The question took everyone by surprise. Tommy stopped and turned to finally look at me.

"You helped Dream escape." He said bluntly.

"I- what." There's no way I helped that psycho escape. Why...

"You heard me. You helped Dream escape. You were killed because they caught you. I suggest you keep a low profile because they know you're back as a ghost. Sam is going to find out you're back and he's not going to like it."

We continued walking in silence. Thankfully the rain stopped. We headed in the direction of SnowChester. I just hoped I wasn't allergic to the snow. They said how they had finally moved into their mansion. They said Michael loved it, he has a bigger room now and he's spent the past few days exploring. It's been so long since I've seen Michael.

Tommy stopped us halfway. "We shouldn't bring her anywhere near the prison."

"But we're going to SnowChester," Tubbo complained.

"It's too close to the prison. C'mon, we're leaving." Tommy gestured for me to follow him. But Tubbo wants to show my Snow Chester. I was torn between the two. I didn't want to upset anyone.

"Ranboo?" Tommy called him looking for backup.

"I mean it's up to Y/n," He answered.

I stood between the group debating where to go.

"I don't think it fair to put her in this situation. Can we all just agree on a place?"

"No," Tommy deadpanned. "Y/n make a choice." I stayed silent.

"How about we go to Church prime or something?" Ranboo offered.

"Seriously?" Tubbo almost sounded offended.

"I don't want there to be an argument. Can't we just agree to go someplace else?"

"Yeah, Snowchester."

"I said she can't go near the prison." Tommy raised his voice slightly.

"You wanted nothing to do with her less than an hour ago!!" Tubbo retorted.

The two only argued more. Was I the cause of this? I slowly moved back from the situation.

I managed to completely remove myself from them with them noticing. I continued down the path to the community house. As I reached the house I looked into the lake at all the fishes and coral. I was so distracted by it I had completely forgotten about the argument 10 minutes ago.

I also didn't hear a person approach me. I was crouched on the edge of the path leaning over the water when I noticed another reflection. That smile.
:)

_____________________

1032 words