- 44 -

I turned to look up at the man who towered over me. He stared down at me for a moment.

"Shouldn't you be in the prison?" I questioned standing up to face him fully. He seemed taken aback by my question. I moved back making sure there was a good distance between us.

"I've been looking for you for over a week and this is how you greet me?" He crossed his arms. "Did Sam hit you on the head too hard or what?"

"Oh! Sam, I remember him. Yeah, he caught me." I giggled uncomfortably.

"Hang on..." Dream tilted his head and continued staring at me. "You're transparent..."

Indirect sunlight, I look more transparent. Guess he didn't notice when I sat down. Dream shook his head and looked away from me. A tear fell from underneath his mask.

"Oh no... Please don't cry. I'm okay... Please don't cry. I'm sorry I didn't mean you upset you..." I somehow managed to pull him into a hug. This is the first time I've hugged someone and not gone directly through them.

Dream pulled back and removed his mask. His eyes were red a filled with tears. "You didn't upset me... Wilbur told me you had escaped... I didn't realise they-" He grimaced and pulled his mask back down. He took his axe from his holster and began to walk towards the main SMP area.

"Wait where are you going?"

"Just need to talk to someone." He responded and kept his gaze forward.

"Who?"

"Sam."

I looked down at the axe in his hand. "You're not going to hurt him... right?"

He stopped walking and turned to me. "Listen it's best if you go home, I'll meet you there later when I'm finished." And he continued down the oak path I stayed put.

"Dream?"

He kept walking.

"Dream!"

No response.

"Dad, please!"

He froze.

"Can we just go home... I don't want any more fighting today." Tears blurred my vision slightly.

Dream sighed and put his axe back into its holster. He motioned for me to approach him and I did. As soon as I got in arms reach he grabbed me and brought me into a tight hug.

How this was possible baffled me. Just a few hours ago I couldn't touch anyone without phasing right through them.

"I'm sorry, I'm just... you're right we should go home. We'll be staying at Philza's ok?"

I nod and release myself from the hug. 
Dream led me in the direction I could only guess was the way to Phils.

-.-.-.-

I sat on the couch playing with one of Technos 500 dogs. 3 men stood in the kitchen chatting and occasionally glancing at me. Techno was sat on the counter, he didn't seem to take part in the conversation. Dream was leaning against the counter with his arm crossed and Phil was sat at the table with coffee in his hands. Their conversation was hushed but I managed to overhear some parts.

"So, she's dead," Techno said looking at Dream.

"Clearly." Dream glared back at him.

"Are you going to revive her?" Phil whispered

Everyone fell dead silent. I looked up at them and they all looked back at me. My eyes locked with Dreams. He quickly broke the contact and turned to Phil. They whispered something I couldn't hear.

"...after Tommy, I didn't think I can..."
I managed to overhear.

"I think you should let her make that decision," Phil answered. Dream just shook his head.

"Look it's not that hard," Techno spoke as he hopped off the counter and made his way over to me. "You wanna stay a ghost or be revived?" He said bluntly.

"It's not as easy as that." Dream explained as he walked over to us.

"Why isn't it?" Techno asked glaring at the green man.

"Look it's a complicated process plus I don't know how it will affect her."

"You didn't consider that when you did it to Tommy," Techno mumbled maintaining eye contact with Dream. 
The tension was so thick I could cut it with a knife. It continued until Dream spoke to me.

"Y/n, go to bed it late." His tone was bitter.

It was only 7 pm, it was barely dark out.
"But..."

"Don't try protest, just go."

"She's 19, I'm pretty sure she can stay up past 7 pm." Techno rationalized.

Dream glanced over to Phil who just shrugged. He let out a heavy sigh realising that he wasn't going to win. Pissed off he left the room heading towards the door.

"I'm going for a walk." He sighed as he opened the door and stepped out into the snow. Typical. There was an awkward silence. Phil and Techno both shared a look I didn't understand. I just turned my attention back to the dog.

-.-.-

30 minutes later Dream walked back in. Snow coated his head and shoulders. Techno glared at him as the snow fell off onto the wooden floor.

"Hissy fit over?" Techno joked. Phil shot him a look saying shut up and don't make things worse.

Dream ignored him. "Y/n, get up. We're leaving." He demanded.

"Oh come on really? You guys just got here." Techno argued.

"Get up." Dream stood in the doorway expecting me to follow. I stared at him blankly.

"Are you really gonna leave cause I told you Y/n is old enough to make her own decisions?"

"Oh fuck off Techno."

Techno chuckled. "I'm the reason you got out of that prison. If I wasn't stuck in there with you, you'd still be there."
He leaned forward in his chair smirking. "No one was going to come for you and you know that. I don't like you, Phil doesn't like you and I'm pretty sure Y/n feels the same way. It's quite pathetic."

Dream marched towards him and pulled out a dagger and Techno stood up with his fists clenched. Philza jumped up from his chair ready to step in.

I stared at both men wide-eyed.

"Stop it. Not here. Now is not the place nor the time." Phil pulled Techno back. Dream took a step back and glared over at me.

"So what will it be Y/n?"

------------------------------------
-Stay
-Leave

1042 words