Chapter 10: Pizza, Movies and More

Three months have passed since Korra's fight and things were looking great for her. She has had two fights since then and she wasn't nervous or bothered her friends coming to see her. Korra appreciated that they would cheer her on and a day before a fight they would make sure she was rested, relaxed and calm. Asami still hated seeing Korra get hurt on purpose but she knew Korra had her reasons. Asami was waiting for Korra to open up about it but had no luck. Nonetheless, Asami would always go to the locker room after every fight to make sure Korra was okay. Kuvira got used to it and would talk with Asami while cleaning up Korra's injuries.

Neither of them brought out the subject of what happened at the club and after. They were ignoring it as they were worried they would scare the other away or make things awkward. They liked what they had but they still wanted more and soon, they wouldn't be able to ignore it anymore.

Once Asami learned that Kuvira was more like a best friend and big sister to Korra, she became calm and unworried. Kuvira and Asami had built a friendship along the months and Korra couldn't be happier.

Korra had begun to go out more with Asami and her friends to different places. They would spend a day eating pizza and watching movies, going to the park, hitting a club occasionally, etc. Korra was beginning to know what it felt like to have a family but she still didn't talk to her friends about the most private aspects of her life. Everything was going great that she didn't want to mess it up. And the only person that knows her penthouse is Asami, she still hasn't invited the others.

Mako would try to flirt with Korra on every chance he got but she didn't pay much attention to it because her eyes were set on only one person.

Speaking about Asami...Korra's feelings for her didn't go away and that was beginning to scare Korra. Will Asami feel the same? What if she is disgusted? She wasn't when she saw me fight...but knowing your girl friend likes you and seeing her fight is two different things. Kuvira was the only one to know that Korra had feelings for Asami but was letting Korra figure out on her own what feelings exactly.

"Have you two made any progress?" Opal asked Asami as she and Jinora were in Asami's living room.

"Romantically speaking, no." Asami sighed laying on her bed. "I know I like her and something pulls me to her but...I think both of us are afraid to admit our feelings."

"Asami Sato? Afraid? The same Asami that has had boys declaring their love for her on their knees?" Jinora asked surprised and laughing.

"My feelings for Korra are different. She isn't like those stupid boys." Asami said imagining those ocean blue eyes. "She makes me laugh like my mom used to. She can be stubborn and impulsive when protecting what she loves but she is also gentle and kind. When she looks at me I don't get butterflies...I don't feel nervous. I feel safe and calm."

"Asami...You're falling for her." Opal smiled at her.

🌊

Korra was once again in the gym with Kuvira training for a fight she had in two weeks against someone named Wildfire. Asami and her friends already told her they would be there.

"So, Korra." Kuvira said to get her attention as Korra was with the punching bag. "How are things with Asami?"

"Things have been great with Asami. We go out with the others and have a lot of fun." Korra said landing punches on the punching bag.

"Nothing else?" Kuvira asked.

"What do you want me to say?" Korra looked at her. "We're just friends."

"How long are you going to stick to that?" Kuvira asked playfully.

"How long have you known?" Korra asked surprised knowing denying anything was useless since Kuvira knew her well.