Chapter 12: First Date

Naga was sitting in Korra's room watching how her owner ran from one side of the room to the other; pieces of clothes flying all over the room and one shirt landed on Naga's head.

"Sorry, Naga." Korra said taking the shirt off Naga's head. "I'm just nervous with my date with Asami. What if she doesn't like it? What if I do something embarrassing? What if..."

Naga barked at Korra, interrupting her from her rant and once Korra looked at Naga in the eyes she calmed down.

"Okay, you're right. Everything is going to go well." Korra took a breath and went into her closet.

She decided to go with some black low-rise jeggings, a loose blue & white striped shirt, and her black slip-on Vans. Korra put on her rings and her bracelets on both hands. Korra didn't tell Asami her plans, only that Korra would be picking her up.

Korra went to the garage and took off the cover from her blue & black 2021 R8 Coupe. Doing the side business with Kuvira was great. Korra had money to last her for years and even her underground fights would pay up but she didn't like showing she had money. Korra already knew that many people will pretend to be your friends as long as you have that green paper but she knew she could trust Asami and her friends.

Asami was also worried about her date with Korra. HER DATE. I can't believe Korra finally asked me out. For a moment there, I thought I was going to be the person to take the first step. Saying that Korra was taking her out on A DATE made a huge smile appear on Asami's face.

"Asami, calm down." Opal said laughing at how excited her friend was.

The room looked like a tornado passed by but it was Asami freaking out over what to wear. Like Naga, Opal and Jinora had been watching Asami run all over the room and having her clothes fly from the closet. Eventually, Opal and Jinora decided to take over and sat Asami on her bed.

"What are you worried about?" Jinora asked to distract Asami.

"I don't know...I want this date to go great." Asami said looking at her phone knowing that Korra would be here any minute now.

"I know that for Korra, having you there already makes it a great date. That girl looks at you like you are the only person in this world that matters." Jinora said and it calmed Asami.

Opal and Jinora were the only ones that knew about Korra and Asami. The others haven't caught up and Asami was grateful. Not because she was afraid or embarrassed but because she wanted to act a bit selfish for a while and have Korra all for herself. Of course, she was going to talk with Korra if she wanted her friends to know they were dating or not.

Asami was putting on her make up when the doorbell rang. Opal and Jinora told her to take her time while they kept Korra company. Asami agreed hesitantly as she knew Opal and Jinora will grill Korra but she had to finish getting ready.

"Korra! Hi!" Opal greeted her as she opened her door.

"Hi, Opal." Korra smiled at her.

"Come in, Asami is finishing in getting ready." Opal guided her inside the house to the living room where Jinora was already waiting for the two.

"Hi, Jinora." Korra greeted her happily.

"Hi, Korra." Jinora greeted her happily but with a serious tone sneaked in.

Korra detected it right away and knew what was coming for her. She took a seat in the two people sofa while Opal and Jinora sat in front of her in the three-seat sofa.

"So, Korra." Opal started. "What are your intentions with our best friend? And where are you taking her?"

"I want to make Asami happy in every way imaginable. I trust her completely, something I don't do easily. Asami means everything to me and I will protect her with everything that I am. I'll stay by her side as long as she will have me." Korra said without blinking because she was serious about her and Asami. Korra looked around to check that Asami wasn't near and went on to tell the girls about her plan.