16

We had sports lesson today again. I could participate, but I had to be carefully because of my injuries. My bandage was gone on my knees and elbows but it was still there on my arm, because I was scared that something could prevent it from healing.

I went to the changing rooms. There were lockers in the middle and on the wall, lined up in a circle. I heard someone talking, but I couldn't see who it was.

„What? Minho is your ex??", someone asked, shocked.

„Shhhh, not so loud! But yeah, I know I was weird back then."

Hyerin. What was she up to know? And why was Minho a hot topic again?
I had the feeling that she was showing her true self more and more every day. She pretended to be nice but now she wanted to be the cool one and wanted all the attention.

„But he is so scary!"

„Yeah, he's a looser.", Hyerin agreed.

„And he is intimidating!", another one said.

„Does he even have feelings?"

„I guess that he's only good looking and nothing more.", they discussed.

I was mad. They knew nothing. He was such a great and sweet boy. How could they say something like that?

„He is not mean and he's really nice to be around with.", I said, walking towards them.

They looked shook, „Right, you're friends with him! Everyone is talking about that because he is sometimes really nice towards you!"

Great. I was the center of attention now?

„Yeah, he is nice towards me because he's a really friendly person at all."

„But Hyerin told us something completely different. I can't imagine him being friendly! Just look at him, he never smiles!", one said.

„First of all, people can change. And second, if you talk to him, he's really kind. He smiles pretty often actually and his smile is really pretty."

They opened their eyes, „You seam pretty close!"

„Tell me the definition of ‚pretty close'. I'm just telling the facts because I hate it if everyone thinks something that's not even true at all."

„Of course you're saying that. Fools go well together.", Hyerin said.

Everyone cooed and I was shocked as well after that statement.

„Don't even try to tell Jinnie. He won't believe you because he loves me. He would never love you. I will tell him your little secret if you try to tell him that."

I was really hurt after what she said because of several reasons. The first one are my feelings and the embarrassment I felt because everyone listened and the second one was that Hyunjin had a horrible girlfriend and he didn't even know.

I just shook my head and walked outside. When I saw him stretching, I sighed. He was such a great and amazing person. I didn't want him to change and I noticed that it was already happening slowly. I needed to tell him. He had to know, there is no other opportunity. She would probably tell him anyways. I couldn't just say nothing.

„Hey Hyunjin.", I greeted him, walking towards him.

„Aeri, morning! What's up?"

„I need to talk to you.", I said, „It's important."

„Yeah sure!"

At that moment, the teacher came.

„Let's talk after class.", he said, running to the teacher.