FOURTEEN

.

.

.

Sally's POV:

"Sally? You there? Are you okay?" Eudora snapped her fingers in front of my face.

I shake my head, as I grip my hold on the book I was reading.

Eudora sighed. "Are you sure you're okay? Because you don't look normal to me."

I close my eyes and took a deep breath.

The thoughts and words of last night with Shermy keeps running through my brain. Ruin the lives of the people I love? What does it mean? Is he really capable of doing something like that?

"Sally! Come on! Please stay sane. You won't pass the exam if you're going to stay like this." Eudora, once again, stated.

"I'm sorry, I was just-" I tried to smile at Eudora but my eye caught Shermy's figure near the bookshelves inside the library. He's looking directly at me. He smiled then walked away.

Eudora quickly look at where I was looking but Shermy is already gone. She groans, "Sally, seriously, we can stop if you're not feeling it. We can study later."

"Uh, no. Sorry, let's proceed." I weakly smiled at her as I try my best to continue studying.

Am I in danger?

.

.

.

Lucy's POV:

I was on my way to put my books back in my locker when suddenly someone call my name.

"Lucy Van Pelt."

I know that voice. I rolled my eyes and turn around to face them.

"I heard you're stepping down from running as the school president." Violet smirked. "Why? Are you scared that I can actually beat you?"

"I have no time for this." I rolled my eyes and turn around to open my locker.

"Just admit that you lost already." Violet continues. "I can't wait to see your face when they already announce my name as the new school president. See ya, Loser."

I didn't bother to look back at her, when she, Patty, and Frieda walked away. Well, I also can't wait to see her face when Charlie Brown finally won over her.

"Hey, Lu."

I close my locker after putting all my books and quickly turn around.

"Hey, Schroeder." I weakly smiled.

"Are you doing something later?"

"Uh, no. Why?" I asked skeptically.

"Well, after Rerun's piano lesson, maybe we can hit up the new dessert store beside the mall?"

Is he being serious? He's asking 'me' out to visit the dessert store? I mean, why?

I was lost for words, when Schroeder started chuckling at me. What a beautiful smile.

"I mean, with Charlie Brown, and Linus of course. To talk about Charlie Brown's president thing?"

I can really feel my cheeks flushed right now. Pull yourself together, Lucy.

"Oh yeah. Yeah, okay." I quickly responded.

"Great. Guess we can walk together there after Rerun's lesson. I'll see you later, Lu." Schroeder smiled at me, as he walked away to go to his next class.