THIRTEEN

.

.

.

Charlie Brown's POV:

It is indeed a sunny day. We are currently inside the bus, going to our school trip. It's kinda sad to know that this will be my last school trip in high school. Thinking about college gives me anxiety, I still don't know what will happen in the future. And yes, I am scared of the uncertainty.

From where I was seated, I can see her from my direction. Heather was happily chatting to Schroeder beside her. I sighed, and look out of the window.

Hours had passed, as we finally arrived at our first stop. The art museum. We all step out of the bus, and focus our attentions to the teacher who is handling us.

"Hey, Charlie Brown." Linus and Lucy made their way towards me and Sally, I nod at them. I can see Sally crossing her arms, from the corner of my eye.

"....so, as what we have discussed. To monitor your attendance easily, make sure you group yourselves into five.." the teacher instructed.

"Is it okay to join your group?" Lucy stated, pointing her finger at me and Sally.

"Actually, we already hav--"

"Yes, of course. That will make us four." I cut Sally's sentence, as she glared at me.

Lucy looked at the both of us, raising her eyebrows.

"Yep, it's no problem. Right Sally?" I smiled, and Sally sarcastically nods.

Linus awkwardly coughs. "So, we need one more."

"Can I join?"

We all turn around as we saw Schroeder and Heather approaching us.

Lucy and I shared a look.

"Schroeder, there are four of them. There will be no space for the two of us." Heather cleared out.

"I'm sorry but is it okay to let me hang out with my friends? I kinda miss them." Schroeder explained. "Besides, this is your chance to spend time with your friends."

"Linus, there you are!" Janice exclaimed, running to us. "Come, I found us a group!" She gently grab his arm.

"Oh, joy!" Sally rolls her eyes, and I elbowed her.

"I'm sorry Janice but the teacher instructed us to stay with our siblings." Linus explained, also glancing worriedly at Sally.

"Not to worry, Lucy can come with us!" Janice said.

"Yeah, come on big brother, let's find ourselves another group." Sally pulled my hand, but I stop her.

Why do we have to be in a position like this?

"No Janice, I'm sorry we already formed our own group with Charlie Brown and Sally, and I am taking my brother with me." Lucy pointed out.

Linus puts his fingers on his forehead. "How about you take Heather? Right?"

"What?" Heather asked.

"What a brilliant idea, Linus!" Schroeder said, removing his arms from Heather's hands. "You go with Janice, and we'll just meet after the trip."

I can see Lucy and Sally trying so hard to hide their giggles. Janice and Heather's faces were painted with confusion.

Janice looked at all of us, and let out a deep sigh. "I'll see you later." She hugged Linus and smiled at him. "Come on Heather, let's go then." She pulled Heather and made their way to their own group.