TEN

.

.

.

Linus' POV:

So the last time that happened, we were watching Schroeder's piano playing, and after that, my phone rang with an unknown number. I answered it without hesitation.

***
"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Linus?"

"Yes, uhm, speaking."

"Hi, Linus."

I can't remember where I heard this voice, but boy, it sure is familiar.

"Yes? Who is this?"

"It's Janice. How are you?"

***

That's where I lost it. She said about moving back here, and being excited to see me once again. It is true, that she never forgot about me.

I am now inside a coffee shop, sitting alone, waiting for Janice. After years and years and years of waiting, I will finally get to see her again. Yes, I am nervous. But this is what I've been waiting for, for my whole life. I am more excited than nervous.

I am wearing my casual blue sweatshirt, and a beanie on top of my head. Of course my security blanket (that turns into a medium handkerchief) was on my hand, and my heart? It won't stop beating fast.

The entrance door opened, and my head quickly turn to see it. A blonde girl, wearing a white dress, behind a pink denim, came in.

She is really pretty. More prettier than I expected.

When she saw me, she quickly walked to me, wearing this big smile on her face, she sat down in the chair in front of me.

"Linus."

"Janice."

We were smiling the whole time.

"Hi." I greeted.

"You don't know how much I've missed you." She stood up, walking to me and giving me a tight hug. I quickly hugged her back, smelling her hair, her sweet scent gives more smile to my face.

"Hey, hey" I pushed her lightly, looking at her. Her eyes were sweating with tears, and I quickly wipe it with my security blanket. "Why? Why are you crying Janice?"

She covers it with a smile, and she goes back to sitting at the chair in front of me. "I'm so sorry for everything."

"For what?" I asked, skeptically.

"For not contacting you after all these years." She pouted, sadly.

I almost forgot that she nearly forgot about me. But the important thing is that, she is here again, we are close again, and she will live here again. "Janice, hey, don't worry about it okay? The important thing is you are right here."

"Yes, I'm going to stay here for good though. My parents also decided to enroll me at your school. We'll be classmates, Linus!" She smiled so big.

"I love you."

"What?"

I immediately shake my head, chuckling at myself. What was I thinking? I am so fast at saying these words. Linus, please calm down.

"I mean... I would love that." I smiled back at her.

She giggled, looking at me. Those eyes, I've missed them.

"So... Tell me what happened with you, and this place, while I was away."

.

.