III. ᴜɴꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ

unfamiliar feeling

( .˳⁺⁎˚ ꒰ఎ ♡ ໒꒱ ˚⁎⁺˳ . )

Y/N's POV:

Slight sunlight gleamed on Y/n as her eyes slowly fluttered open. Yawning, she rolled out of bed and checked the time. It was early, too early for her, but she dismissed the horrid groggy feeling and got ready for school. Even after showering and going through her morning routine she felt miserable, already not looking forward for the day ahead. A small click of Y/n's door indicated that it was closed and she slowly made her way to eat breakfast, greeting other students on her way. Y/n couldn't help but feel as if she was being watched, she looked around, most students focused on study books or their phones. Y/n tried dismissing this feeling, grabbing out her phone and plugging in her earphones. 

Breakfast was a blur for Y/n. She kept feeling paranoid, looking over her shoulder every few seconds to check if someone was watching her, and every time it was the same results. Her polished black shoes clacked against the hard wooden floors as she pressed her nails into her hands, the feeling of discomfort returning once again. 

"Hi Y/nn"

Y/n jumped, turning around to face the sudden noise.

"Oh, hi Cassie, you startled me," Y/n breathed as she stood upright and began walking next to her friend.

"I didn't see you most of the party. Did you leave early?" Her pale friend asks, playing with her blond silky hair.

"Nah I was talking with other people," Y/n lied, not wanting to admit she spent most of the party on her phone in a corner. 

The two friends walked to the locker room, engaging in regular talk.

"Mr Harris is so strict on me for no reason. How come I got a detention for literally nothing?" Cassie scoffed. 

"Probably because you wrote 'bald fuck' on your homework." Y/n mumbled. 

"It was his fault for giving me the homework in the first place."

Y/n rolled her eyes, opening up her blue locker. Her hands froze as she looked at the crisp letter laying in her locker once again. 

"Another one?" Y/n thought, eyeing the letter curiously. 

She smiled, reaching her hand to pick up the letter until she heard the annoying voice of her friend behind her. 

"What's that?" Cassie asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." Y/n quickly stated, putting her things in her locker and shutting it. 

"Was it a love letter?" Cassie asked again, her voice laced with jealousy.

"No, no no. It's just some prank letter."

"Right" Cassie scoffed.

No one would actually give you a love letter."

Y/n put on a fake smile as her friend began talking again.

.

The rest of the day went past as usual for Y/n. The feeling of being watched dismissing itself. She found it odd, but decided not to pay much attention to it, choosing to ignore her previous feelings. 

Y/n's thoughts lingered back to the letter as the last few minutes of school slowly ticked by. Her mind filtered out the sound of the school bell buzzing, failing to notice the signal. 

"Y/n?"

Y/n looked up to see Kaito looking down on her, his slightly green eyes lingering on her. 

"The bell rung, why aren't you leaving?"

Y/n looked around and noticed it was in fact, the end of the day. She gathered her things and opened her mouth to reply to the blonde, but when she looked up she was no where to be seen. 

"Oh. How thoughtful." Y/n rolled her eyes.

Y/n quickly left her classroom, slightly behind her classmates, and skipped to her locker. She opened the rusty door and pulled out the letter. She pealed of the heart sticker and opened the seal, catching a whiff of a oddly familiar scent. 

"Is that my perfume?"

Y/n sniffed the card again, the sweet scent blessing her nostrils, confirming it was her perfume. 

"I'm just being paranoid. I mean it's a very common perfume."  She thought, shrugging and opening the card.

To my lovely angel:

I love everything about you. Your silky smooth hair, your beautiful smile, your pink lips, your kind heart, just everything. I wish I could admire you and hold you in my arms, but I could never muster up the courage, that's why I have to write these letters. Maybe one day.

Till then, stay safe.

from:
your secret admirer <3

As her eyes finished reading her heart began to beat faster, processing each and every word. 

"Oh my god!" A high pitched voice suddenly alerted Y/n, as she quickly spun around to see her brunette friend, Scarlett.

"Is that a love letter?" Scarlett squealed loudly, jumping up and down.

"No. So stop talking so loudly." Y/n hushed, stuffing the letter in her blazer pocket.

"Omg, it totally was. I saw it!
I wish I could admire you and hold you in my arms"
Scarlett mimicked, perking her lips together and fluttering her eyes at Y/n.

"Shut up." Y/n hissed, noticing the multiple eyes staring at you both.

"Ok, ok." 

"Please don't tell anyone." Y/n whispered, knowing the whole group would make fun of her.

Scarlett nodded enthusiastically. 

"I swear on my life I won't." She said, crossing her hands over her heart.
But we haavve~ to talk about this, and you have to text me every time you get a new one."

Y/n nodded reluctantly, sighing as the small bubbly girl trotted off, seemingly happy with herself. Y/n took the letter out once again. Her stomach churned as she glossed over the contents again, not seeming to shaking the stiffness she felt. 

"Why do I feel like this isn't going to end well?"