X. ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛꜱ

threats
( .˳⁺⁎˚ ꒰ఎ ♡ ໒꒱ ˚⁎⁺˳ . )

"And then the man just ran away?"

"Yeah - and then after, Killian just pretended like nothing happened. Isn't that weird?"

Scarlett pressed her lips together before opening them to speak, "I don't think that's weird. It's almost romantic."

Y/n rolled her eyes, scoffing at her short friend's comment.

The two of them came to a stop after arriving outside their English classroom.

"I'm gonna quickly go to the bathroom before we head in." Y/n states, giving her friend her laptop and books.

"Ok, I'll save you a spot."

The two split as Y/n headed to the bathroom. She entered, taking out her lip balm and applying it before the bathroom door loudly swung open. Y/n flinched at the sudden noise, turning around to meet a very displeased face.

"Veronica?" Y/n questioned, looking at the extremely threatening individual in front of her.

Veronica took two steps forward, getting closer to
Y/n. Veronica towered over Y/n, being quite a few feet taller than her. Veronica's blonde wavy hair was neatly placed just above her shoulders, completed with a simple pearl clip. She had hazel brown eyes and a very narrow face with thin pink lips and a small button nose. Her uniform was worn to perfection, with only a small golden badge differentiating her from other students.

"A little birdy told me you went on a date with Killian?" She questioned, her face extremely close with Y/n's.

Y/n looked at her with wide eyes, not entirely processing the whole situation. "What? Where did you hear-"

"Is it true?" Veronica interrupted, grabbing a fist of Y/n's shirt.

"No! No it isn't true. We bumped into each other on the weekend, but that was it. We never went on a date."

Veronica sighed, distancing herself from the smaller girl.
"Good. I don't want you talking to him."

Y/n raised an eyebrow and titled her head. "Do you like Killian?"

"So what if I do?" Veronica spat, glaring at Y/n.

"Sorry.." Y/n mumbled.

"I've noticed you two have become very close recently and I don't like it. I have known Killian my whole life, so back off. "

Y/n's eyes widen. "I didn't even know they knew each other. I've never even seen them talk."

"Look," Veronica started, taking a few strides in front of Y/n. "Just stay away from him, ok? I don't want you to do something you might regret." And with that the very cocky individual trots off, leaving a puzzled h/c girl behind.

Y/n turned back to the mirror, staring at herself for a while, trying to gather her thoughts.

"I always knew Veronica was a bitch but.. blatantly threatening me for a guy? Never would I have expected that." She sighed, thinking to herself before splashing her face with water and heading back to class.

Y/n discretely entered the class, nodding to the teacher before taking her seat beside her friend.

"You good?" Scarlett asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Y/n started, biting her lip, "I'm fine."

Her friend nodded before shifting her attention back to her teacher.

"Are you coming to the party tonight?" Scarlett asked in a hush tone pulling Y/n out of her trance after several minutes of silence.

"I'm not sure. Are you going?"

"I'll only go if you go."

Y/n nodded, looking up at the teacher.
"I do need a distraction."

.
.

Y/n's POV:

"Hey Killian," I said as Killian took his seat next to me in science.

He nodded, smiling at me with his perfect pearly whites. I looked around me, checking my surroundings before slightly leaning into Killian, he noticed, shifting his attention solely on me as I spoke.

"Are you close with Veronica?"

He looked at me and cocked his head. "The student president?"

I nodded before he spoke.

"Not really. Our parents were friends but we aren't close...
Why?"

I shook my head, "no it's nothing, I just met her in the bathroom and she- never mind." I stopped myself, not really wanting to ruin their relationship.

Killian raised an eyebrow but didn't ask anymore questions, turning to the teacher as she started talking.

I didn't talk to him much during class, but I occasionally looked over to him and couldn't help but sense this ominous feeling around him. His dark blue eyes were squinted and his eyebrows furrowed. He didn't seem to notice my repetitive staring, he seemed to focused on his thoughts.

After the teacher talked for what seemed like hours she beckoned us to get into partners to exchange work. I turned to face Killian who was already staring at me.

He opened his mouth, seemingly contemplating whether or not to speak.

"Veronica didn't - she didn't say anything to you in particular?" He asked.

I bit my lip, also debating whether I should tell him how she threatened me.

"Not really," I started, "she just told me to stay away from you." I mumbled the last part, making sure no one heard us.

"She said that to you?" Killian asked as I looked upon his perfect face. His thin eyebrows were in a furrow, his plump lips held in a tight frown, ocean eyes widen with no hint of joy and his fists clenched. I could tell he definitely wasn't happy.

"Has she done that before?" I asked. I knew I shouldn't pry, and I should've dropped the topic then, but I couldn't help it. Maybe being in Cassie's friend group for so long has taken a toll on me.

Killian sighed, rubbing his hands on his face before answering, "Yes. She does this with every girl I talk too."

"Is that why you've never accepted a love confession?" I blurted, quickly slamming my hands on my mouth after speaking.

Killian smiled, "sometimes, but most of the time it's really just because I'm not interested."

I nod, not really wanting to say anything else that I'll regret it.

We sat in comfortable silence for a while before he spoke up again.

"You won't listen to her right?"

I raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean?"

"I mean you won't stay away from me?" Killian asked, a hint of nervousness laced his voice.

I smiled, "of course not, you're my friend."

He returned my smile, a small hint of pink appearing on his cheeks and nose, unknown to me.

The familiar noise of the school bell rung, signalling the end of the period. I packed up my things waiting for a tall brunette beside me.

"You go ahead," he said, "I've got to talk to someone."

I nodded, bidding him goodbye as I left the classroom, meeting up with Yuri on the way.

Third person POV:

"Fuck." Killian mumbled, quickly walking through the busy halls.
"Why does she always have to ruin everything?"

Killian slowed his pace after recognising a tall blonde girl talking with an unfamiliar red head. He clenched his fists, striding up to the girl.

"We need to talk." He said, not waiting for a reply as he harshly grabbed Veronica's arm, dragging her away from her confused friend.