XI. ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ

party
( .˳⁺⁎˚ ꒰ఎ ♡ ໒꒱ ˚⁎⁺˳ . )

A sharp pain spiked Y/n's head, the poor mix of screaming teenagers and loud music causing a headache for the h/c girl.

She looked around the room, eyes wandering from the various groups of people, finally landing on her very social brunette friend. Y/n took a small sip from her cup, watching as Scarlett talked from person to person.

"How much have you had to drink?"

Y/n flinched, turning towards the tall figure weirdly close to her. The girl's eyes were fuzzy, so she stepped back, not recognising the person in front of her.

"Sorry If I scared you," he spoke again, his voice soothing the aching pain in Y/n's head.

"It's.. um - it's ok."
As Y/n spoke her eyesight improved, finally taking in her companion's face. "Oh, Killian!"

The boy in front of her smiled a bit, before reaching out and taking Y/n's cup from her hands. "Why are you at this party?" Y/n asked, dismissing the brunette's previous action.

"I just wanted to get out of the dorms."

Y/n nodded at his answer. There was silence between the two for a few seconds before a sharp sting pierced the girl's head again. Y/n's ears began ringing as she messaged her temples, trying to decrease the level of pain.

A soft hand on Y/n's shoulder made her look up, meeting Killian's dark blue eyes.

"Are you ok Y/n?"

"I'm.. I'm fine, I sw-" Y/n's sentence was cut off by the feeling of a burning liquid rising through her throat. She gulped, trying to suppress the action.

"Do you need some fresh air?" Killian asked, his usually calm face holding an expression of worry and concern.

Y/n slowly nodded, not risking speaking.

Killian offered his hand, to which Y/n accepted. His slender fingers wrapped around her hand, his cold touch making the girl shiver. As the couple made their way through the drunk teenagers a pair of green eyes followed them intently.

When they finally made their way outside, Y/n almost immediately threw up. Killian quickly came to her side, holding the drunk girl's hair as more liquid came out.

Killian winced each time Y/n vomited, waiting for it to be over.

After a while, the horrid wrenching noise stopped. Y/n stood in the same hunched-over position, waiting a few seconds before rising. Killian took a few steps back, giving the girl space.

"Sorry.." Y/n started, ignoring the feeling of thorns in her throat. "I'm not a very good drinker."

Killian smiled, a hint of light appearing in his eyes. "It's fine Y/n."

Y/n studied Killian's face. Her eyes glazed over every defining feature. Killian cocked his head, "Is something wrong?"

"No, no, there isn't, sorry. I'm just-" As Y/n tried to finish her sentence a soft rustling from behind drifted her attention.

Killian turned around, wondering what interrupted his time with Y/n. His face immediately dropped, glaring at the intruder.

"Kaito?" Y/n spoke, staring at the boy in front of her.

Kaito lightly smiled before he gripped the girl's arm, pulling her by his side. "Are you ok? I saw you getting dragged outside," he worriedly spoke, glancing at Killian.

"Hello Kaito," Killian spoke, showing no emotion in his voice. "How nice of you to join us."

Y/n watched as the two continued to glare at each other in silence. Wanting to break the silence, Y/n opened her mouth, but before anything could come out, another presence joined the group.

"Kaito, I was looking for you," an unfortunately familiar voice whined.

As Cassie walked closer to Kaito, she noticed the two other people. "What are you guys doing here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I vomited," Y/n admitted, not knowing what else to say.

Cassie laughed, latching onto Kaito's arm, breaking the bond between him and Y/n. "You were never good with alcohol."

Y/n nodded, taking a few steps back from the couple.

"Let's go back inside," Cassie suggested, tugging lightly on Kaito's arm.

Kaito stood still, not paying attention to the parasite latching onto him. His eyes travelled to Killian, then moved to Y/n.
"Is there something going on between you two?" He asked, surprising the couple, and Cassie.

Killian widened his eyes, glancing at Y/n, who held an equally confused expression.

"No! There's nothing between us," Y/n exclaimed, a soft blush rising to her cheeks. Nervous, she looked over at Killian, who showed no emotion.

Kaito glanced at Killian, staring at him for a few moments before going back to the party. Cassie quickly followed behind, looking back a couple of times before she fully entered the house.

Y/n turned to Killian, who was already facing Y/n. She stared into his dark blue eyes, her heartbeat increasing. The air felt thin, each breath Y/n took felt heavy. She was unsure what to say as she continued to stare. After what seemed like an eternity, Killian decided to speak.

"I.." he started, "I want there to be something between us," he whispered.

Y/n's breath hitched, the sound of her heartbeat overpowering her thoughts. She tried to speak, but nothing came out. Killian watched her reaction, unsure how to take it. He reached out tucking a piece of h/c hair behind the girl's red ears. His hand hovered before reluctantly letting go. His eyes glazed her face, worshipping each small feature. He let out a small breath he was holding before walking back into the party.

Y/n watched his fleeting figure, numerous feelings washing over her. After Killian was no longer in sight she turned around, staring at the ground in thought while biting her dry lips. Before Y/n could think any longer a familiar burning liquid started to rise up her throat.

"Fuck-" Y/n exclaimed in annoyance, right before the continents of her past meals spilled out her mouth yet again.