Chapter 1

***CURRENTLY EDITING THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS***

The door knob twisted, and the door flew open. Someone entered, shutting it behind them and before I could look to see who it was, the lights went out.

I could hear the lock twist closed on the door, and I stayed still, trying to make out the person through the mirror in front of me.

"Hello?" I asked nervously. "Who are you?"

But there was no reply. The only sound in the bathroom came from the water running out of the faucet.

All of a sudden, they gripped my waist tightly, turning me toward them.

Heavy breathing and the smell of liquor crashed into my face.

I was stuck.

Before I could get another word out, my dress was being snatched up over my head, and I was placed up onto the sink.

"Wha...please, no!" I cried, as I realized what was happening.

"Please! Please, no!" I continued. Pushing and punching as hard as I could against the boys chest, but he wouldn't budge. Was this really happening to me?

I was being raped.

TWELVE HOURS EARLIER

"What's up Cyn?" Amber spoke as she climbed into my car, closing the door behind her.

She texted me today in last hour asking if I could take her somewhere before I went to work.

Although I said yes, I noticed that I hadn't really been hearing from Amber as much as I use to, unless she needed a favor. It was definitely a red flag, but she's my friend and I know everything she's been through so I try to help her whenever I can.

She lives with her grandmother because her mom is an alcoholic, and her dad wants nothing to do with them since he has a new wife and a whole other set of kids with her.

Amber's grandmother, Sophie, doesn't have a lot of money, hence the fact that they stay in rundown apartments. However she does the best she can by Amber.

Although I could feel us drifting apart, I'd always be there for her.

"What's up," I replied, reversing the car and pulling out of the parking lot of Ambers apartment building. "where to?"

"I need to go to the mall and find an outfit for Ricky's kickback. Word is him and Megan broke up again, so now's my chance." she pulled down the sun visor and began to fix her hair in the small mirror attached to it.

"Chance for what?"

"To sleep with him, duh." She said, applying a pink lip gloss and then puckering in the mirror.

I immediately pressed on the brakes, causing us to fly foward.

"What the hell Cyn!"

"I'm sorry, my leg is sore from work yesterday."

I lied.

It was because her comment caught me completely off guard. It probably shouldn't have though since Amber didn't really have the best reputation.

I still hangout with her because I knew her for a really long time. We grew up together. Besides, I usually try to disregard other people's opinion and form my own. Petty school gossip has never been my thing.

"So you're gonna have sex with him tonight? Doesn't it bother you that he just had a whole girl friend?" I ask, trying to better assess the situation as I pull into the mall parking lot.