Chapter 3

Pic of Morgan above^^

Chapter 3//

In every class my leg shook uncontrollably. I was anxious to see Dominic again.

I wanted to talk to him about that night.

Why did he save me?
Was Ricky the one who did it for sure?

The bell rang signaling lunch time, so I grabbed my things and rushed out of class.

I should stop by my locker first, these books are getting heavy.

As I approached my locker, I could see Amber's long legs in my peripheral.

I turned around, anxious to finally speak to her, but before I could even say hey, she walked straight past me.

What the hell?

Why is she suddenly avoiding me? I mean if anything she should be checking on me...right?

I pushed the thought to the back of my mind as I slammed the locker closed. Maybe she didn't know. All I knew was that I needed to find Dominic.

**

Once in lunch, I sat down waiting for Morgan. We always ate together.

Me and Morgan were technically just "school friends." We rarely hung out outside of school, being that I'm always at work, or sleep because I'm exhausted from work. However, she is one of the closest friends I have, besides Amber, but now I'm not even sure if we are friends.

I started going through my purse for money to buy maybe some chips or something. I should eat, I barely ate in the hospital due to a constant loss of appetite.

As I started to get up from the table to go stand in line, I heard someone calling my name.

"Cyn!!"

I turned around to find that it was Morgan, with a very worried look on her face.

"Yeah?" I asked, sitting back down.

"You'll never guess what I just overheard," she started, sitting down as well.

"What?"

She looked hesitant.

"What is it!" I asked urgently, suddenly feeling anxious.

"I overheard Amber telling Kelsey that you slept with Ricky purposely, and that you're nothing but a slut!" she managed to say this all in one breath.

My eyes widened.

This could not be true. Amber wouldn't do something like this, we've known each other for too long.

"Where is she?" I asked, lifting from the table again.

"Here, I'll take you."

I followed Morgan into the girls bathroom, right across from the cafeteria, and sure enough, when we entered, there was Amber and Kelsey.

Kelsey.

She always rubbed me the wrong way.

At the sight of me, Amber immediately began packing up her makeup bag, ready to leave the bathroom. Before she could walk past me I stepped in her way.

"Amber, what's going on?" I asked genuinely. "What's the problem?"

She turned to look at Kelsey, who gave her a look in return as if they were communicating through their eyes.

"You're the problem. Now get out of my way." She finally spoke, attempting to walk out again causing me to step in the way, again.

My face was consumed with confusion.