Chapter 7

Another pic of Dominic above bc why not?😏

It's supposed to be a gif but it won't play😕 if anyone knows how to make it play, message me! Thanks.

//

It was Sunday night, and I still hadn't heard from Dominic.

I debated on texting him a few times, but each time I decided against it.

If he wanted to talk to me, he would.

Why was his sudden disappearance bothering me so much, though? I mean, a guy should be the last thing on my mind...right?

There was just something about him, something that made me want to get to know him more, learn new things about him.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a very big guard up. After everything that's happened, I don't see myself dating, or having relations with anyone anytime soon.

I just wanted to know more about him.

"What are you thinking about?" Morgan asked, snapping me back to reality.

"Huh?" I asked, readjusting myself in the passenger seat. "Oh, nothing."

Morgan was taking me to get my tire fixed. We had to take the old tire in, pay, and then someone would bring a new one and replace it.

She looked at me for a few seconds, before turning her eyes back to the road. "yeah right...spill."

"Really, it's nothing." I argued, acting as if I was had a sudden interest in my fingernails.

She looked at me again.

"Fine." was all she said, to my surprise. Usually Morgan would keep going until I finally broke and told her, but I guess she's going a little easy on me, for obvious reasons.

An awkward silence consumed the car.

"Thanks." I said, breaking the silence.

"For what?"

"For not pressuring me. I promise I'll tell you everything once I figure it out for myself."

***

Once we arrived, we walked up to the counter, throwing the flat tire up onto it. There was no one there so we rang the bell.

It was really humid in the garage, so I took my cardigan off and placed it beside the tire, ringing the bell again. I scrolled through my Twitter timeline until someone finally came out.

"Hi, how can I help you?" a guy asked, walking up to the counter.

"We need a new tire, I got a fl-"

"Cyn?" The guy asked, completely cutting me off.

"Yes? And you are?" I asked, looking over at Morgan who matched my concerned look.

What the hell? Am I hallucinating, or does everyone know my name now?

"Are you kidding me? Just when I thought we had some sort of connection," he said, grinning. "It's Collin."

Collin?

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Collin...from the kickback..." he said, obviously noticing my confusion.

"Oh!....oh. Hi?" I said, but it ended up sounding much more like a question.

How could I have not recognized him? Maybe it was because the lights were so dim at the Kickback. The parts of him that I did see that night, though, were beautiful. He was very handsome.