Chapter 6

"Wait, so this whole time Ricky has been your brother?" I asked, scarily calm.

"Yes." he answered, looking as though he's made the biggest mistake of his life.

At this moment, I'm sure he regrets telling me.

I took a few more minutes to collect my thoughts before I finally spoke.

"Get out." I said, lifting up from the couch and pointing toward the door.

I don't know what I was even thinking getting in the car with him, no telling what he would've done. I clearly know nothing about this man. And to make matters worse, I let him come into my house!

Slow down Cynthia, be more cautious. You know what people are capable of.

He did save you though...

He threw his head back, taking a deep breath.

"Wait, no, jus-"

"Out!" I interrupted, whisper-yelling. I didn't want to wake my mom again.

"Just let me explain!" He whisper-yelled back, catching me off guard. I didn't know if I liked the fact that he was still trying or not.

"Just let me explain." he repeated, this time speaking more gently, finally standing from the couch, and extending his hand before me, as if he was asking permission to touch mine.

I nodded, and he grabbed my hand with his right, and my waist with his left, guiding me back to the couch. I felt a pulse begin in my palm, and a tingle run down my spine. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before.

Just by his touch, my heart sped, and I could not argue, I could not disagree.

Taking a breath, he started.

"Hearing you cry was the worst sound I've ever heard in my life. I use to see you around school with Morgan, and there was just something about you, about how you were never in the mix. I wanted to know who you were. That's why I couldn't stop staring at the kickback. I went into the bathroom when I seen you with Collin. It pissed me off because I know how Collin is, and I couldn't just sit and watch him feel on you. Ricky told me that he was gonna score with Amber that night, I seriously didn't know that he was gonna do something like that to you, but trust me I handled it. Why do you think you haven't been seeing him at school?" He said, raising an eyebrow at the last part.

"Oh my god, is he dead?"

He chuckled. "No, he's just.....injured."

"Wow. I don't even know what to say." I started, shocked at the fact that Dominic just, in so many words, confessed feelings for me.

This was just too perfect. He is just too perfect. But with a brother like Ricky...how?

Hearing that he felt this way made my heart skip multiple beats. I was so nervous, my leg shook uncontrollably, and I noticed myself biting my lip a few times.

"You don't have to say anything." He spoke, interrupting the awkward moment of silence.

"I, at least owe you a response," I started.

"You don't owe me anything Cynthia. If I wouldn't have took you to the hospital, I would not be able to live with myself. So really, I owe you. If you wouldn't have come to the party, I wouldn't be sitting here right now, and to be honest, there's no place I'd rather be." he spoke, looking me deep into my eyes.

My heart beat increased, again. Was he trying to kill me?

I just know that I look so stupid, I was blushing extremely hard.