Chapter 5

I immediately hung up and laid back onto my bed.

I should've known. Just when I was starting to think Dominic was a good guy.

None of them are good.

Changing into my PJ's, which just consisted of an oversized T Shirt, I grabbed my laptop and went on Netflix to watch gossip girl.

Gossip girl always kept my mind off things.

I'd be a rich New Yorker one day, with nothing to worry about but who's saying what about who.

It began to thunderstorm shortly after. I usually didn't like the rain and especially the thunder, but at this particular moment, it was sort of comforting.

It was exactly how I felt inside. Angry.

I crawled under my blanket and pressed play.

I watched a few episodes before dozing off. Good thing today's Friday because if it was a school night I would have overslept, forgetting to set my alarm clock.

***

I woke to a knock on the door.

who's knocking on the door at 4 in the morning?

I slid out of bed and made my way downstairs.

Before opening the door, I picked up the bat that was hidden behind the curtain drapes. My mom had it there for me just incase something happened while she was at work.

Slowly, I unlocked the door with one hand, positioning the bat with the other. I swung it open fast, ready to attack.

"Woah, woah! It's just me girl!" Dominic yelled. He was soaked in water from the rain.

"Oh, sorry." I said smiling, slightly embarrassed.

I couldn't help but to notice right away how the water made Dominic's shirt stick to him like glue, defining his perfect abs.

I'm not gonna lie, I stared like he was a piece of meat.

"So....are you gonna let me in?" he asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh! Um..yeah, sure." I answered, moving out of the way. I wasn't sure what he wanted, but I wasn't just gonna let him stand out in the rain.

Dominic's yells must had woken my mom because she rushed out of her room, her robe tied sloppily.

"Who's there?" She asked, squinting, and clearly still half sleep.

"Oh mom, this is..."

"Who the hell are you!" She asked, interrupting me. "Ri...is your name Ricky?"

"Omg, no mom. This is Dominic. He's the one that brung me to the hospital."

"Oh because I was about to kill him..."

He chuckled nervously, stepping a little farther away from my mom. I wanted to laugh but decided against it.

"What do you need?" My mom spoke again. "It's really early."

Before Dominic could speak, I did.

"It's ok mom, I have the bat. You can go back to sleep." I said, assuring her. I was curious to see what Dominic had to say for himself.

"Are you sure?" She asked, eyeing Dominic again.

"Yes."

"Ok. Yell if you need me." She said, walking back into her room, leaving the door open, I'm sure, purposely.

"Your moms hot...and crazy...just how I like them." Dominic joked.

"Oh my god, I almost threw up." I said, fake choking. "You can sit on the couch," I suggested, before realizing that he was soaked from the rain. "Actually, no you can't."

"Well do you have a dryer?" He asked.

"Um yeah...?"

Immediately, he pulled his shirt over his head before I could argue.

Oh no. This is all too much at once.

But you know that I stared.

"Could you dry it? I don't wanna get the couch wet, kinda scared of your mom." He joked, handing me his white tee.

I chuckled. "yeah."

*

After putting his shirt in the dryer, and getting a towel for him to lay on top of the couch, we finally sat down.

"So what's up?" I asked, curious to know what was so important that he felt the need to come here at 4am.

"I um," he started. "I didn't want you to be upset with me."

"I'm sorry, what?" I said, blinking. I was too busy staring at his perfect body. I grabbed a pillow from behind me off the couch and threw it at him.

"Here, use this to cover up." I demanded, even though that was the last thing I wanted for him to do. *tearz*

He furrowed his eyebrows at me before placing the pillow over his chest. "I said I didn't want you to be upset with me."

"Oh I was." I admitted plainly.

If I'm not mistaking, a feeling of disappointment appeared on his face.

"I just don't understand how you've been so nice to me, and did all these things for me, but when I actually need a favor you can't." I finished, growing frustrated again.

"I have my reasons." He argued, running his hand through his hair.

"Oh really? What reasons Dominic?" I asked, growing impatient.

He paused, looking me in the eyes, and then down to his hands.

I'm not sure why, but this made me nervous.

For some reason I wanted Dominic to be a good guy. But there has to be something to him, there just has to. He's too...idk...

too...

perfect.

"I can't testify against him,

well because...

Ricky is my brother."

-

-

-

Whaaaaaat!?

He said the 'B' word🙊