Chapter 9

"Dom, I'm jus-" he started, attempting to explain himself.

"Let her go Ricky." Dominic spoke, slow through clenched teeth, and with that, he released his grip on my tiny wrist.

At this point I couldn't stop the tears, everything was just so overwhelming. I don't know how many times I've cried today, but after I got hit with those horrible flash backs, I could no longer contain them.

It made me so angry to know that Ricky has had the satisfaction of seeing me cry, twice. I felt so weak.

It also made me angry how Dominic thought that he could just keep coming to my rescue. He's a jerk! A lying jerk, with a girlfriend who was an even bigger one! So every time he called himself 'helping', he made it harder for me to hate him. And I hated him for it.

Before I could stop it, I turned to Dominic, "I don't need your help! How about you just leave me the hell alone? I can handle myself!" I managed to get that out all in one breath. "From here on out, I don't know you, and you don't know me!"

"And you! You know, you're lucky that there was no evidence, and that your polar brother wouldn't testify against you, because if so, you'd have way more than just a black eye right now!" I yelled, now looking at Ricky.

I threw my jacket over my shoulders, clutched my books, and then turned around, ready to leave until I realized that I wasn't done just yet.

"Actually, you're not very polar at all are you? I can see how y'all are related now." I finished, finally making my way to the door.

Just as I approached it, the bell rung, signaling that lunch was over.

--------------

I made it home and ran up into my room, threw all of my things onto the floor, and fell face first into my bed.

I cried myself to sleep.

When I finally woke up, it was going on 8pm. I had slept the day away, as planned.

Realizing that I didn't eat lunch, I decided to go downstairs and find something to eat, otherwise I probably wouldn't make it much to tomorrow.

I approached the kitchen and low and behold, there was Harriet the spy, also known as my mom.

How was school?
Why are your eyes so red and puffy?
What did you eat for lunch?
How did you sleep?
I love you, do you know that?

^Were just some of the questions she asked me.

After telling her everything that happened, from beginning to end, she gave me a really big hug.

"You know what you need?" She asked, raising an eyebrow?

"What?" I asked, curiously.

"Ice cream." She answered, and I thought she was joking until she added, "You know, men tend to think that diamonds are a girls best friend, but that's where they're wrong. It's always ice cream."

I laughed.

It's so cool how she can make me feel so much better, just by her presence. I was so grateful for the smile that she could put onto my face.

"Seriously Cyn! After all, you know that 'stressed' backwards is 'desserts!'"

This time we laughed together.

We decided on pizza for dinner, so while she made a domino's order, I texted Morgan. I felt really bad for snapping on her earlier when really all she was trying to do was help.

I asked her if she wanted to watch Netflix with me and my mom, and she replied that she was on her way.

When she arrived we got the biggest carton of ice cream out of the freezer, bundled up on the couch, and watched 'Prison Break' as we waited for the pizza. My mom and I loved this show.

A few minutes later, the door bell rang.

"I'll get it." Morgan offered, sliding off the couch making her way to the door.

"Do you have money to tip?" I yelled from the couch, probably looking like a hobo with the spoon lodged into my mouth.

"Uh...no need because it's not the pizza man." she answered, backing away from the door. "It's for you Cyn."

"For me?" I asked between bites of the cold ice cream, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Want me to get it?" My mom asked, ready to lift up from the couch, but I told her that I got it.

I walked up to the door and once I saw who it was I was completely embarrassed. I looked a hot mess. My hair was threw sloppily up into a bun, I had on an oversized, old shirt that I found in the basement, and mix-matched socks. I groaned internally.

"Dominic?" I asked, confused on why he was here.

"Hey." He said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head.

"Hi." I replied, also very awkward. I had an inclination to shut the door in his face because I was mad at him, and looked a mess, but that would be hella rude so I just stood there waiting to hear what he had to say.

"Can I..." he started, pausing to clear his throat. "could I please come in?"

I took a few seconds to think before answering, "Sure."

Once he was in, I shut the door behind him, hearing Morgan ask my mom, "Ok, what did I miss?"

"So, what's up?" I asked, trying to sound casual, but totally failing.

"I uh," he said, turning around to look at my mom and Morgan who were now watching us as if we were Netflix. I gave them a look, and they turned their heads back to the tv fast, acting as if they were never even looking. I knew that their ears were still one hundred percent in me and Dominic's conversation.

I chuckled nervously, somewhat embarrassed by their behavior.

"Well I've contemplated coming here all day..." he started nervously. "Look...I just wanted to let you kn-" he tried finishing, but was interrupted by the sound of the door. Again.

This could not get anymore awkward.

"Sorry, it's the guy bringing the pizza we ordered." I said, unlocking the door, and swinging it open.

To my surprise, there was no pizza, but there was a guy.

"Collin?" I asked, even more confused.

"Hey," He spoke with a smile until his eyes landed on Dominic. He looked away quickly, running his fingers through his hair. "You um...you left your sweater." He said, handing it to me.

Oh I was wrong. This could definitely get more awkward.

--------------

So I hope you guys enjoyed the two chapters! Make sure you vote & comment so that I know if you like or not.

Jamie.