Chapter 21

DOMINIC

Last night.....

was just perfect.

It finally happened.

After all of those nights lying awake, thinking about her and how I wanted so badly to taste those lips.

I knew that it would happen, but it was so much better than what I had ever imagined.

It's 10am and everyone's still sleeping. Figures because no one went to sleep until after 1am. I, too, would be sleeping right now if my brain would stop thinking about the moment we shared last night.

I should cook breakfast. She'll probably be hungry when she wakes up.

CYNTHIA

I've been up all night thinking about him.

I'm actually a little nervous to see him again, maybe I should just sneak out.

But that would be rude, and I'd have to wait for Morgan and Amber to wake up.

Ok Cyn, get it together. You can do this.

I lifted slowly, trying carefully not to wake Maysie. As I reached my leg over her small body, my hand got stuck under the cover causing me to fly to the floor.

"Ouch!"

"Cyn? Are you ok?" Maysie asked, rubbing her freshly woken eyes.

"Yeah, I'm good thanks." I replied, standing up, mentally cursing at myself.

"Wanna go downstairs with me?" I asked helping her out of bed.

"Sure."

**

Walking downstairs, I spotted someone in the kitchen. Rounding the corner, I recognized the person to be Dominic, shirtless flipping something.

As we came closer, I could tell what the food was, as well as Maysie.

"Pancakes!" She yelled, hopping onto one of the bar stools, waiting patiently.

"Good morning." He spoke, a small smile on his face.

"Good morning." I responded, the same smile creeping onto my face. We hadn't spoke about it at all.

"Put clothes on, there are children present." I joked, referring to his shirtless appearance.

"If it bothers you so much, you could always lend me the one you're wearing." He responded, the smile growing on his face.

"In your dreams." I replied, sitting down next to May.

"Ok, we get it, you guys are like in love or something." Kyle said, approaching the kitchen, Morgan trailing not too far behind.

"We're not in love, shut up Kyle." I said absentmindedly, noticing Dom's hand tighten around the spatula.

"Yeah, yeah."

"I hope you're cooking me some!" Ricky spoke, approaching the kitchen as well. "I'm hungry too lil bro."

Dominic just glanced at the two guys, adverting his attention back to the cakes.

"I have the worst hangover known to man." Kyle said, leaning his back against the counter, Morgan in his arms.

Guess they're back together.

"I'm sure." Dom said, placing two pancakes on a plate, and three strawberries, before sliding it over to Maysie.

"Thanks Dom Dom." she cooed, picking up of the strawberries and taking a bite.

"Anything for my May."

"Surprisingly, I don't have a hangover," Ricky started, "But I do have an unusually large knot on the side of my head."

"I'm sure." Dom repeated again.

"Yeah, you kind of fell to the floor last night, after saying, and I quote this, 'the party has just started'" I added causing everyone to laugh.

"No way." Ricky chuckled.

***

After everyone finished breakfast, I changed back into my clothes and grabbed my phone and car keys.

"See you guys later." I spoke, signaling for Amber and Morgan to come with me.

As we made our way to the door, Maysie jumped off her stool running toward us.

"See you later Cyn." She said, giving me a big hug.

"Aw, I'll see you again soon ok?"

"Ok." She responded, as Dominic walked toward us, opening the door.

"Come on." He said.

We walked to the car and he opened the passenger and backseat door for Morgan and Amber, shutting it behind them. He then walked around to my side opening the door for me.

I couldn't help but to smile.

I leaned in, giving him a long hug.

"See you later."

***

Dropping Amber off at home left only Morgan and I.

"Where to?" I asked.

"You can drop me off at home. I need to shower and change clothes."

I pulled off.

"Whose your daddy?" I asked.

"Oh my god!" She laughed, covering her face once she realized what I was referring to. "You could hear us?"

"Could we? I'm sure the entire neighborhood heard you."

"Wow that's really embarrassing. But do I regret it? Probably not." She responded proudly. "We should break up to make up more often."

"I could throw up right now." I joked, pulling onto Morgan's street.

"I'm just being honest."

"So are you guys back together?"

"Yup. But enough about me, what about you?" She asked, excitedly. "I saw the way you and Dominic were looking at each other this morning."

I blushed.

"It was only a kiss." I admitted.

"You guys kissed!?" She asked, excitedly.

"Uh, yeah?"

"I was thinking maybe a hug or something, but a kiss? I'll take it! How was it?" She asked.

"It was perfect."

That was the only word that I could find to describe it.

"Aw. I'm happy for you." She said, before giving me a hug and opening the car door. "See you later. Text me!"

***

Once I finally made it home, I went straight upstairs to shower and take care of all of my other hygiene needs.

I stepped out, and decided to just leave my towel on as the realization of being alone resurfaced.

'It's not so bad, at least I don't have to get dressed' I thought as I pulled out my last handful of school work.

Summer here I come.