epilogue

epilogue (of sorts)

Hi all,

It does feel odd to be back with this book, but I remember a promise I made a while ago for an epilogue that I never seemed to follow through with. Over a year ago, I started writing this and recently thought I'd publish what I had sitting around in my computer drafts. I'm ever so sorry for my lack of interaction with this account. I know I've come back and said a few times that I've been in a slump, and it's the honest truth. But I really am hoping to get back on track soon. 

One thing I will say though, which may be disappointing a lot of you, is that I may not be writing lesbian themed books anymore.  Age gap is still something I'm very interested in writing about and have still been planning on, but lesbian has become something that is not my place to write on anymore. My own personal life and identity has interfered slightly with my writing and set me back at a bit. I hope that explains things a little to anyone who was wondering or interested. Sorry again. 

(sorry for errors)

--

Turns out, loneliness is nothing when they're together. Mio endured a few months away from Norah, house hunting with her new money whilst Norah finished her final year. She already had training and a job offer in the running, recommended by her professor. By summer, Mio had bought a cosy place outside of Vancouver that wasn't too rural but close enough to a forest that she felt near to nature. Norah came with her to property viewings beforehand, and eventually came home to her.

Three years pass, almost too quickly for the both of them, and still, they are living in the honeymoon phase in the next couple to come. Norah has a secure job as a physical education teacher in a middle school, and Mio is staying at home, doing volunteer work when she gets too bored. They'd had the conversation of whether Mio wanted to work again now that she could. Norah had suggested one lazy evening that she might want to go back into nursing, but Mio had said she was too used to staying at home then.

Each evening after work, Norah goes to the gym and comes home to Mio, who is either preparing to cook or napping in front of the television. When Norah comes in around six in the evening, Mio is leaning up and fishing about in the cupboard in a white button-up and shorts. Norah slinks up close and slips her hands around her waist slowly, letting her fingers drag as she nestles her mouth in the crook of her neck.

"God," Mio breathes gently, "you scared me."

Norah hums against her skin, inhaling her floral scent and pressing her lips down beneath the edge of her jaw. "Why are you looking so sexy all alone? Are you cooking?"

"I was going to. Are you hungry?" She asks in a very soft voice, tilting her neck up so that Norah can kiss her there.

"I am, a bit," Norah says, spinning Mio by her hips so that they are facing one another. Mio's heart is beating fast under her skin, even after five years, she's hopelessly putty in Norah's hands. She always has been.

She whimpers a little as Norah leans down into her mouth, kissing her tenderly slow, impossibly slow, making her press back. She's opening her mouth for more, but Norah is smiling and bringing her head back. She likes to play this game, make Mio whimper, make her beg. Often it's for fun, but at the same time, it's a childishly subtle check at whether Mio still wants her - even after five years.

But, of course, Mio does. She spends every day whilst Norah is at work, thinking of her, planning meals for her, lying on her pillow and falling asleep with the scent. She never thought she'd be so lovesick at forty-five, almost forty-six. But she is. Each day, she finds something new that she loves in Norah, or rediscovers something she already does. That evening it's Norah's abs. She hooks her fingers under her workout top and tugs upwards slowly, watching the shifting material reveal the toned, flat stretch of Norah's tan stomach. The skin is hard to the touch and regularly worked, and in the overhead light of the kitchen, the indents of her muscles are shadowed with dark creases. Mio rubs her hand over the muscle slowly, poking in places to feel the toughness of it. Norah entertains her exploring with a smile, lifting her arms up.