Ch. 4: First Name Basis

Yasir's P.O.V.

With the tip of our noses less than half an inch away, I cleared my throat, "Which one?"

She blinked and stepped away before brushing some hair to the back of her shoulder.

"Uh-I-you- This one, this one," she pointed.

My eyes trailed from hers to the album.

"I think I need to visit the venue in person first," I stated.

"Oh, yeah, of course. I'll arrange for an appointment and then we can go down there."

I nodded.

"That'll be it for today, Ms. Saeed. I'll have a contract prepared for you tomorrow stating that you will take on the project."

She nodded then said, "You can call me Ayaara."

"Ayaara," I repeated.

She grinned.

"Did you park in our guest parking underground? You can validate your parking pass with the receptionist."

"I don't have a car. I took the bus here."

Coming from such a wealthy background, I wouldn't have expected that.

But it was fitting considering how humbly and politely she conducted herself.

"I can have a driver drop you to your next destination."

"Oh, that's fine. I'm just going home. Thank you though," she denied sweetly.

I walked over and held the door open for her as she left with the album in hand.

"See you tomorrow, Yasir," she smiled.

"See you tomorrow, Ayaara," I watched as she disappeared past the cubicles.

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"See? It wasn't bad. I don't know what you were so worried about," Sheryl shrugged after I told her about my day.

She was right. It had been a good day, alhamdulillah. However, I didn't tell her about the staring contest between Yasir and I. I got that same feeling again— I was so... enthralled... so....entranced...? It was as if there was a pull to his eyes that made me struggle to look away. I guess-I guess I was so caught off-guard by the power in his gaze that I kept staring unknowingly.

The doorbell rang.

"That must be Faris."

"The lad's early!" she exclaimed before getting up.

The three of us were going out for dinner. Rizwan was also going to meet us at the restaurant.

I opened the door and he greeted me with a peck, "Hey, love."

"Gross! Get a room, why don't you?" Sheryl groaned, shutting off the tv.

"Oh, does it bother you, Sherry?" Faris countered.

They were always play-fighting, or taking the piss, as they both like to call it... Them and their British slang... It was kind of challenging to understand when I first began at Oxford, but being around Sherry and Faris helped me learn quickly.

"What about this then?" he dipped me dramatically and gave me a deep kiss.

"You're her boyfriend, snog her all you want. But consider yourself lucky that she's with you and treat my best mate well. I better not hear any complaints," she warned in a jesting yet protective manner.

He engulfed me in a bear hug, "Don't worry. I know I'm lucky."

I looked up at him lovingly.

"You better. Anyway, I'll meet you lot back here in a few," she stated before going off to her room to get ready.