Ch. 25: The Terrace

Author's Note

I may not be able to update the next two weekends, hence another chapter this weekend to compensate. Though short, it's perhaps a long-awaited one. Hope I didn't disappoint! 🌹

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🎶 "Mere yaara ve, tu itna bata de, tu kyun mainu aina zyaada pyaar karnae? Jaun na denda ae, khon na denda ae, mere val buriya nazaran nu aaun na denda ae, mere layi aag vich sarnae."

"My love, tell me this much, why do you love me so much? You don't let me live, you don't let me get lost, you don't let evil eyes come my way, you are willing to suffer in fire for me."🎶

- Mere Yaara Ve | Jaani | B Praak

Yasir's P.O.V.

My expression wavered after hearing the confession I've longed to hear.

Her hands holding my face, Ayaara's wet eyes flooded with affection as she repeated emotionally, "I love you."

I glanced to the side, inhaling deeply in attempt to collect myself.

"You don't know me, Ayaara." I looked at her with tired eyes.

She nodded desperately, caressing my cheek, "I know you."

"You don't."

"I do! If I don't, then tell me," she searched my eyes pleadingly, "What is it that I don't know?"

Ayaara's P.O.V.

He kept silent, staring at me with his honey brown orbs—fueling my yearning for him.

Yasir finally began slowly, a look of torment in his eyes, "There are things that I have done, that I do that I'm ashamed-"

"Phir woh sab chhod de, maafi mange," I spoke helplessly, "Mere liye."

("Then leave those things, ask for forgiveness," I spoke helplessly, "For me.")

I held his face more firmly, looking into his eyes intently in hopes that it would get across to him, "I know you enough. I accept you the way you are."

I pressed my forehead to his, gripping the back of his collar with one hand and resting the other on his neck lightly, and we both closed our eyes, "I want to be with you, by your side, whatever it is, whatever may come."

My chest grew heavy.

Why was he making this difficult? He was hurting me and himself.

I didn't know how else to convince him.

Tears streamed down my cheeks.

My eyes opened and I moved back slightly when I found him looking at me after he spoke two minutes later, "You can't change your mind later."

I stared at him as his words sunk in.

A watery smile reached my lips when I realized he had surrendered, "I won't. Main aap se mohabbat karti hoon, Yasir (I love you, Yasir). And that will never change."

He gazed at me tenderly, opening the gates of the love that he kept guarded.

I engulfed him in a tight embrace, and he finally wrapped his arms around me, giving me my favorite bear hug.

I pulled back and held his cheek as a small chuckle of happiness escaped my lips.

He took in my face with his warm expression, "I want to marry you."

I became still.

Marry?

I wasn't expecting him to bring up marriage. I simply hadn't thought that far. But he was correct in his stance. We weren't starting a fling. I loved him and I was serious about it. I had never felt like this with anyone before. My last marriage left me with many scars. Marrying again hadn't crossed my mind. But when it comes to Yasir, I was willing to put my fears aside. For him. Because of him.