Epilogue: Your Beautiful Angel

🎶 "Tu kalla chhad ke challa si, kamaal, paagla. Tu jithe jaayenga javange, o tere naal, paagla. Ho tere bina mera koi hai vi nai. Je tu nai te main vi nai... Ho janam toh ek hi hota hain, sab ek zindagi laate hain. 'Agle janam mein milenge hum,' yeh toh jhooti baatein hain. Yahan pe ishq walon ka sabse bura haal hain, Jaani! Ho jab tak marte nahin deewane, haaye zeher khate hain. Yehi toh hota aaya hain, yehi toh hota rehna hain. Ho zyaada paas aaye jo chaand ke, woh taare toot jaate hain."

"You're leaving me alone, how amazing, crazy-one. Wherever you go, I will go with you, crazy-one. I don't have anyone but you. If you don't exist then I don't either... There is only one birth, everyone comes with one life. 'We will meet in the next life,' this is a lie. Those who love are in the worst condition, Jaani! Until the crazy lover dies, they drink poison. This is what has happened, this is what will continue to happen. The star that gets too close to the moon falls." 🎶

- Paagla | Jaani | B Praak

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"Yahaan aao, mumma," I cooed at Aisha, gesturing.
(Come here, mumma.)

It was her first birthday today. The decorators were coming soon to set up a teddy bear themed party. I had just fed her some breakfast and I was now sat at the end of a picnic blanket in the backyard while she was standing in the middle after I had placed her there. She recently learned how to stand but not yet walk, so I was encouraging her to take a step towards me.

"Ami ke paas aao, meri jaan."
(Come to Ami, my life.)

She tried taking one step but began wobbling. My face fell and I instantly lurched forward to catch her when two large hands grabbed her tiny ones just in time, holding her up. My gaze shifted upwards to the standing figure behind her. Yasir smiled at me before looking down at our beaming 1-year-old.

My eyes widened at the sight of him, staring at him with disbelief.

He kneeled down next to our baby girl and kissed her cheek before tickling her tummy. She coiled into him while erupting into giggles.

My lips began quivering as an emotional smile made its way to my lips, "Jaana!"

I quickly moved closer to him while my eyes flooded with tears.

He turned his head towards me, looking at me affectionately with tender, warm eyes.

I took in his beautiful face before lifting a shaky hand to his cheek, "Jaa-"

Just as my hand could touch his cheek, the illusion of my husband blew away with the wind.

My face fell and my throat tightened. It felt like my entire body constricted from the overwhelming loneliness that took over.

I desperately called out, "No! Jaana, no! Please! Don't leave me! Plea-" I broke down into a sob. "Please, Yasir. Please," I whimpered into my hands.

My arms dropped to my sides as I looked up at the sky and wept hard—unwanted memories of that day rushing back.

"Hello Bhaijaan? Is everything alright?" I held the phone to my ear.

It was only 6 AM in New York. He didn't head into the office until 9. Why was he up and calling so early?

"Ayaara, Stella just called I- Is Yasir there? I can't reach him."

Stella was my family company's receptionist.

"Why? What's wrong? He just left for a meeting."

"I'm so confused. Wha-how did he make a mistake like this?"