Ch. 38: Bun in the Oven

🎶 "Jinna soch na sake tu, ohna pyaar karde aa. Teri gal hor ae, sajna... Jivein parinda aalna tarse, ovein tere liye tarsaan. Tu jadon mere ton nazar ghumave, osey tha main marsaan.

More than you can imagine, that's how much I love you. It's different when it comes to you, my love... The way a bird yearns for its nest, that's how I yearn for you. When you look away from me, I die right there." 🎶

- Awaaz | Jaani | Kamal Khan

Author's Note

Ahhh 3-4 chapters of TMAHS left! 😭 Thank you for sticking with me. I really enjoyed writing this story. I'm going to miss writing about Ayaara and Yasi-bear.

Also, shout out to @Veil_of_roses! Thank you for supporting this story and giving my other writings a chance! 💝

🧸🤰💛🧸🤰💛🧸🤰💛🧸🤰💛🧸🤰💛🧸🤰💛🧸🤰💛🧸🤰💛

Ayaara's P.O.V.

I'd just taken a shower at night and changed into my pajamas when I was walking through our room to find my hairbrush.

"Jaan." Yasir called from the bed. He had been checking emails on his phone.

"Yes, baby?" I glanced at him through the mirror while brushing my damp hair.

He observed me with a smile tugging on his lips.

"What is it, jaana?"

"You are starting to show."

A grin spread on my face as my gaze shifted to my tummy—I was now seven weeks and we were in the month of June! I turned so I could view my side profile in the mirror, taking notice of my super tiny bump as well, "You think so?!"

After Yasir and I found out we were expecting five weeks ago, I thought I was let off the hook this pregnancy, but I was very wrong. My pregnancy symptoms began with full swing a few days later—morning sickness, stronger fatigue, dizziness, tender chest. We also hadn't told anyone about our good news yet. We decided that we would only tell Abba, Rukhsana Khala, and Nazim Khalu after my first ultrasound appointment, which was tomorrow! I was really worried about miscarrying again, but once we got the "okay" sign from the doctors, I would feel more comfortable in telling them. Yasir and I would inform my siblings and our friends after I completed my first trimester.

He approached me and caressed my stomach gently, "I can see a small bump, my love."

I placed my hand on his, whispering while gazing up into his eyes with my wet ones, "Our baby, jaana."

My chest swells up when I think about the fact that I was having a baby with the love of my life, that inside me was a little innocent growing human made up of me and him, the person I loved beyond words.

He kissed my forehead, pleased.

I smiled then reached for the stretch mark lotion. I'd bought it soon after I found out and have been using it since because it's said that it's better to start using it early.

Yasir stopped me and grabbed it himself then led me to the bed, "Lay down."

"You're going to put it on for me?" I questioned with a grin after getting comfortable on the bed.

My husband was so caring during my first pregnancy despite carrying someone else's child, and he's even more caring now. I was so grateful he was mostly working from home. His support and concern was incredibly reassuring and heartwarming.

"I am." He squeezed some of the lotion onto his hand before putting the bottle away and joining me in bed after dimming the lights.

I lifted my shirt and he pressed his lips to my tummy before rubbing the cream onto the skin gently. I caressed his cheek once he was done and then wrapped my arms around his shoulders.