Ch. 37: Belated Birthday

🎶 "Tera mera rishta hain kaisa? Ek pal door gavara nahin. Tere liye har roz hai jeete. Tujhko diya mera waqt sabhi. Koi lamha mera na ho tere bina. Har saans pe naam tera... Tere liye hai jiya main. Khudko jo yun de diya hain. Teri wafa ne mujhko sambhala. Har gham ko dil se nikala. Tere saath mera hain naseeb juda. Tujhe paake adhoora na raha. Kyunki tum hi ho.

What kind of relationship do we share? I can't tolerate staying away from you for a moment. I live every day for you. I've given you all my time. May there not be a moment of mine without you. On every breath, there is your name... I've lived for you. I've given myself to you. Your loyalty has taken care of me. It's removed every sadness from my heart. Your companionship is connected with destiny. After getting you, I'm no longer incomplete. Because it's you." 🎶

- Tum Hi Ho | Mithoon | Arijit Singh

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"So, was your work trip cut short then, Ayaara? 'Coz I thought you said you would be doing more events in other cities." Sherry said as she took a bite of her dessert.

It was now mid-February and my first night back home. Yasir arranged a small welcome dinner with Sherry and Armaan the night we landed back in London. We were all sat in the dining room.

After Yasir convinced me that the storm had finally blew over, I thanked Allah SWT and then immediately called Farah. She informed me a man came looking for me and I confirmed that it was in fact my husband. I told her I was resigning and apologized for hiding that I was married. She didn't want to let me go, but I made sure to stay for the rest of the week to give a proper goodbye to the children. Yasir also stayed back with me until I was ready to leave and we made arrangements to make reoccurring donations to the school.

"Yeah. You could say so." I answered while smiling sheepishly at my husband, who was sat next to me.

My sight shifted to Armaan, who was particularly quiet.

"Is everything alright, Armaan?" I asked gently.

He glanced at Yasir before perking up and pushing a smile to his lips, "Yeah... Don't leave Yasir alone for that long again, Ayaara. He's like a lost puppy without you."

Sherry bit her lower lip to stifle a laugh.

I locked fingers with my husband, gazing at him adoringly, "I don't plan to."

He snuck a kiss to the beauty mark under my ear before drawing an arm around my waist. I went back to idly scraping the remnants of crème brulee in my bowl with a spoon while Yasir quietly listened to Sherry and Armaan chat. It was nice to see them of course, but as the night went on, we just wanted to spend some time alone with each other, having not been home together in over a month.

And as if taking notice, Sherry stood up, "I reckon we should start going, Armaan. Ayaara just got back today and must be exhausted after a long flight. We also have work tomorrow. Thanks for the lovely meal, guys."

Armaan would be dropping her home.

"Thanks for coming." Yasir said.

I walked over to her for a hug, "It was nice seeing you."

"You too, babe. Thanks for having us over."

"Yeah, thanks." Armaan added.

Yasir and I walked them to Armaan's car before heading upstairs.

Yasir's P.O.V.

After getting ready for bed, we laid down face-to-face on our pillows, just two inches apart.

"It's really over, jaana." She marveled, her eyes watering at the realization.

My hand reached forward and cradled her cheek, wiping the stray tear with my thumb before lightly stroking all of her features, "It is, my love."