Chapter 2: This Band is Back (Edited)

(Zach's POV)

The boys and I teleported on top of the sign of the Orpheum, we looked around in shock and we see people walking down the boulevard below us.

"Look, I know being dead isn't our first choice," Luke starts, trying to light up the mood, "but, I mean, it sure is easy getting around."

"Easy for you, maybe," Reggie snaps and we all turn to him, who happens to be shirtless underneath his leather jacket. "I lost my shirt on that one!" Then his shirt appeared on his body, "Oh! Never mind, there it is," he says and we all chuckled.

I look behind to see the giant Orpheum sign. "So why did you bring us here, Lucas?" I turned to Luke, calling him "Lucas" as a joke.

"Yeah, why did you bring us here?" Alex repeated my question. "Just another painful reminder of where we never got to play?"

"Yeah. Thanks, Luke."

"I mean, guys, the game isn't over yet," he says as he teleports us down. "I'm telling you, we've been given a second chance! Let's find some music! Let's see how many clubs we can hit before sunrise!" Luke exclaim as he runs off, Reggie and I glance at each other and shrug before following him. Then I turn around and stopped to see that Alex wasn't following us.

"Hey, Lex! You coming, bud?" I call, making him turn around as he runs to catch up to us.

"Last one to reach the first club is a rotten ghost!" I call to the boys before giving myself a head start, we laughed and raced each other.

***

After a long night, the boys and I teleported back to the studio to hear an angelic voice and the sound of piano playing filling the studio.

We teleport inside the studio behind Julie, who was standing while she played the piano as she sings her heart out. We watched her in awe.

Wake up your dream and make it true
Look out, look inside of you
When you're feeling lost
Relight that spark
Time to come out of the dark
Wake up
Mm, wake up

As she finishes the song, she held up the last paper and hugged it to her chest. Alex steps forward to hug her, only to be stopped by Luke. We all poofed outside of the garage.

"Dude, why'd you stop me? Julie needs a hug," Alex asks Luke.

"Bro, a ghost hug isn't exactly a feel-good moment that you think it is, alright? Trust me," Luke responds.

"What Julie needs right now is just a bit of privacy," I tell Alex.

"You know what? I think you poofed us out because you can't handle when other people cry," Alex snaps at Luke.

"I should know! I cried in a room for 25 years and I didn't get a single hug from either of you!" He points to me, Reggie, and Luke. "All while my best friend was comforting Reggie!"

Reggie opens his arms to Alex. "Alright, bring it in."

"Don't touch me!" Alex snaps at him.

"This is why no one hugs you," Reggie says bitterly to Alex.

"Okay," Luke cuts in. "I think the first thing we should do, once we get the courage to go back in there, is ask Julie why she lied about playing the piano."