Chapter 4: Don't Tell Me How To Ghost! (Edited)

(Zach's POV)

The tech guy runs on the stage towards Julie and asks, "Hey. Where did the rest of the band go?"

"Wait, were those holograms?" One of the Dirty Candy members asked.

Julie whips her head towards her. "Yes! Yes, they were holograms," Julie replies. "I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff."

The crowd starts cheering again.

"That's wild. They can see us when we play, but not when the music ended," Luke said excitingly.

"We should double-check," Reggie suggests before running up to the stairs and starts wiggling his butt around. I snorted, then Alex turns to me with a questioning look. When Reggie sees that no one reacted to him, he ran back down to us.

"Yeah, I don't think they can see us," Reggie whispered to us.

"I wish I couldn't see you," Alex mutters.

"Okay people. Show's over! Get back to class!" One of the older ladies said as the crowd goes back to class.

Alex and Luke walked out of the gym and I followed behind. I stopped and turn around to see Reggie, trying to talk to one of the Dirty Candy members. I rolled my eyes before I teleported to Luke and Alex.

"Zach, you killed it out there!" Luke said once he heard me, I turned around to see him and smiled.

"Thanks, you guys did too," I said, then Reggie poofed next to me.

"That was crazy, you guys! Zach, you were amazing!" Reggie said. I smiled sheepishly in response.

"Yeah, thanks," I said. "You were amazing, too."

Reggie smiled shyly, and the both of us stare at each other for a while before Luke ruined the moment between us.

The boys saw Julie coming and Luke suggested an idea to surprise her. So we built a human pyramid and waited for her to turn around the corner.

"Julie!" We yelled as she turned a corner, making her jump.

"You! Stop doing that! I'm serious," Julie scolded as Luke jumps down from Reggie and Alex's thighs and I stand between Luke and Alex.

"Woah, Woah, Woah. This one's on you, we were already here," Reggie defended. "Actually, we were over there, and then we came over here."

"Are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" Luke butts in.

"Yeah, the whole school saw you," Julie nodded. "It's kinda freaking me out."

"Okay, good, 'cause it's actually freaking me out too," Alex starts. "You know, you can see us, and then people can see us whenever we play music," Alex rants, "and my clothes are made of air, but for some reason, I'm still getting a wedgie!" He stops to take a breath as Julie looks at him with a disgusted look.

"So many questions."

"Yeah, I know. I don't think anyone wanted to know that last part," I whispered to him.

"But the important thing is that we rocked that place!" Luke exclaims, shifting back to the conversation. "They were loving you!"

"Are you kidding? They loved us!" Julie corrected. "That was a great song, Luke. Thanks." I smirk as I see Luke smiling.

"And did you guys see the cheerleaders looking at me? I think they were looking at me," Reggie says excitingly before turning to Luke. "Please tell me that they were looking at me." I felt a knot in my stomach again and looked down on my feet.